Hacking Error installing cIOS Rev 14 or 15!

btfanusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have IOS249 (Rev 7) and when I am trying to install Rev 15 but getting an error. Please tell me where I went wrong:

I Go to HBC
Then I Go to Wad-Manager
Then I press + to install the rev 15 wad called IOS38-64-v38667.wad
Then it starts installing and I see a lot of "OK!" but all of a sudden it stops at "Adding content #20" and shows the following message:

- Adding Content #20 (length:159040 bytes)...[*]ERROR: Could not read file data!

[*] ERROR: WAD not installed! (ret= -1)

So can any expert please give me some help

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sounds like it has a hard time reading the sd or maybe the wad is damaged! you should try reformatting the card (after backup) and then adding back all the files or downloading cios from somwhere else!

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I would go with rev 14 and go for online (network) install rather than offline (wad). Any particular reason why you want rev15, or are you just updating to the latest?

I would still format the SD and start again though.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
btfanusa said:
I have IOS249 (Rev 7) and when I am trying to install Rev 15 but getting an error. Please tell me where I went wrong:

I Go to HBC
Then I Go to Wad-Manager
Then I press + to install the rev 15 wad called IOS38-64-v38667.wad
Then it starts installing and I see a lot of "OK!" but all of a sudden it stops at "Adding content #20" and shows the following message:

- Adding Content #20 (length:159040 bytes)...[*]ERROR: Could not read file data!

[*] ERROR: WAD not installed! (ret= -1)
I'm not shure, but the way you're describing this, you're doing it wrong. You don't have to install any .wad with WADManager. You have to run the cIOS Installer, which will work Online and Offline. If you want to make an offline Installation, place the requested IOS38-64-v3867.wad in the root of the SD Card, and then lauch the Installer. No need for any WADManager.

Try again this way, and if it won't work, download the .wad from another Source, or do an Online-Install.

btfanusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but no luck, I went the cIOS Installer method, and I got a different error, which looked like this

Exception Occurred!

u027037074027402704

Etc, etc just a bunch of crazy numbers. I am trying to get REv 14 or 15 cuz I think I need that in order to run USB Loader. IT says if any Error occurs, I need to downgrade my Wii first, but as far as I know the version I have is pretty old like 3.2 or 3.3. Do I actually need to remove Rev 7 first or something

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
btfanusa said:
IT says if any Error occurs, I need to downgrade my Wii first, but as far as I know the version I have is pretty old like 3.2 or 3.3. Do I actually need to remove Rev 7 first or something

You shouldn't ever downgrade, there is no need.
If anything you should follow the guide that tells you how to upgrade to 4.2 and then hack it from there.

btfanusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smf said:
btfanusa said:
IT says if any Error occurs, I need to downgrade my Wii first, but as far as I know the version I have is pretty old like 3.2 or 3.3. Do I actually need to remove Rev 7 first or something

You shouldn't ever downgrade, there is no need.
If anything you should follow the guide that tells you how to upgrade to 4.2 and then hack it from there.

Do you mean upgrading using the official Nintendo 4.2 update? Would that delete all my IOS and cIOS as well as any homebrew channels to give me a fresh, "original factory settings"-like start? If so then you might be right, it's worth a try, but I am afraid I wouldn't be able to run any backups afterwards if something screws up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.