"Error has occurred, press eject button..." (WiiFlow)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Dyxlesci, Aug 9, 2014.

  1. Dyxlesci
    OP

    Dyxlesci Member

    Newcomer
    33
    9
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    I get the in game "An error has occurred please eject, turn off the system" any time I try to load any game through WiiFlow. It also takes an abnormally long time to load games. I get the loading bar, which stops about 1/5 of the way for a minute or 2, fills all the way, and then i get the error screen, even before any other in game screens.

    I have modded several Wiis and Wii Us over the past year, and have never once had this problem. I spent the majority of my day off yesterday troubleshooting. I have installed cios 236, 249base56, 250base57, tested the same flash drive on other consoles, used a different SD card, removed/re-installed all Cios, tried different versions of d2x, and everything else I can think of. I have tested my backups are tested on my wii, wii u, and dolphin.

    I will probably head by the pawn shop and grab a new console ($15 each), unless anyone else knows a fix. Request any more information and diagnostics you need, and it will be given. All help is appreciated
     
  2. The Real Jdbye

    The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    12,522
    5,474
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It may have something to do with incorrect settings in WiiFlow.
    Have you tried another USB loader? For example USB Loader GX.
     
  3. Dyxlesci
    OP

    Dyxlesci Member

    Newcomer
    33
    9
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States

    Yes, I tried tampering with most of the settings in wiiflow to troubleshoot, to no result. I also tested GX and Configurable USB loader.
     
  4. Dyxlesci
    OP

    Dyxlesci Member

    Newcomer
    33
    9
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    Alrightie I have solved the problem! To anyone googling and trying to find the solution, here it is. Problem was I was using the incorrect version of D2X. Make sure you get the latest one, put it in the d2x folder, and select it in the d2x menu when using it. Set your revision all the way to the right, patch your 249 and 250, and you are ready to load.

    12/11/14 Edit: Hahah, I forgot I posted this, ran into this issue again and began googling. Found a link, read through the thread without reading the names and had a "eureka!" moment. I decided to see who posted it to send them a message thanking them. Turns out it was me...