ROM Hack Error: Failed to Apply 1 Firm Patch(es) no SD card inserted

Milk-milk-milk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is quite a complicated situation. I've bought a new 3ds after my old one's charging port and top display broke. The SD card I used for it has lumahacks on it. When inserted into the console, it works fine. However powering on the console with no/any other SD card causes the message "stack dump OFFFFFFD8 etc." To appear. This is where it gets hard to follow, but when inserted into the new 3ds I have bought, none of the save data is acknowledged. When on animal crossing, it comes up with "new save file" instead of my character's names, yet my data is still there when inserted into the old 3ds. The new 3ds turns on with the SD card inserted, but now when I remove it, the "failed to apply 1 firm Patch" message appears. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? It's very confusing, as it doesn't seem that my data is actually gone.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't simply put the SD from one console into another and expect it to accept the data. Games and saves are encrypted with console-unique keys. Backup saves with Checkpoint and/or JKSM.

Please update the copy of boot.firm on CTRNAND to make the new console boot without SD.

For both consoles:
Hold (Select) on power on to see Luma3DS v??? configuration on the top of the upper screen. On the bottom of the lower screen it should say Booted from SD via B9S or Booted from CTRNAND via B9S.

Make sure the copy on CTRNAND is latest version (currently v10.2.1).

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: E1ite007

Milk-milk-milk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my god, thank you so much, I've just done it and it works!

Yeah in hindsight that was a bit stupid of me lol, but thank you so much for your help, appreciate it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gong