Error Code 2002 - 3850

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by jamessanjose, Mar 10, 2019.

1. jamessanjose
    OP

jamessanjose Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2019
    Philippines
    Hello guys.
    Currently playing XenoBlade 2 then black screen came up. I didn't do anything fancy except I am currently using CFW - SX OS. After that my switch constantly shows that error code for about 30 secs. I tried to reset it to Official Firmware to Reinitialize but no luck... Is it possible in emmc corruption based on what I have read online? See video below.

Is there a chance to fix this?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The error code indicates failed to access MMC which can only be referring to the Switch's eMMC. Do you have a NAND backup? If yes, restore it with Hekate. If not, you can try rebuilding most of your NAND with ChoiDujour. If you are going to be using ChoiDujour, you can generate the keys with Lockpick_RCM.

3. jamessanjose
    OP

jamessanjose Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2019
    Philippines
    Woah really? Will try that dude. Ill keep you posted.. Hopefully my Switch is not yet dead!!

4. jamessanjose
    OP

jamessanjose Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2019
    Philippines
    But is it possible to just replace emmc?

5. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    Yes it is possible, here's a recent discussion about doing eMMC upgrades.

Switch NAND upgrade

Do you have a NAND backup you could try restoring from?

6. jamessanjose
    OP

jamessanjose Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2019
    Philippines
    No idea regarding nand backup though. My unit still on my friend tying to fix it. Still not sure on that stuff. I only used my switch for 2 weeks :(

7. jamessanjose
    OP

jamessanjose Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2019
    Philippines
    Still no luck. They already have the backup of my nand but still showing the error after picking up the language.

:(

8. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    When you made that NAND backup, was it a clean/vanilla backup? As in, did you make it BEFORE you ever installed any hacks/CFW etc?

9. jamessanjose
    OP

jamessanjose Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2019
    Philippines
    Hmmm not the original nand backup i think. I am not sure. Though he said that theu already created a backup nand. But not the nand before the issue

10. ecorrea90

ecorrea90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2019
    United States
    Having a similar issue - I bought a broken Switch in an attempt to fix it. I've gotten it to boot to the regular menu, and 30 seconds in, Error 2002-3850 shows up -

The switch now only boots on RCM mode, yet it's a patched version. Thinking it has to do with the eMMC module? Swapping an eMMC from another console doesn't work - and in fact, it will no longer go into RCM mode.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted