Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

funky_kyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I sent them an email asking for the 002-0102 error and the answer was "call to the customer service number".
Emails are useless
I've also sent them an email.... this is the response that i got... (taking in hand this is also my first ban)

Thank you for your email to Nintendo.

Sorry to hear that you are not able to play online due to the error code that you have recieved, please note: restrictions can last up to 21 to 30 working days depending on the severity of the situation.

On this occasion we regret to inform you that we are unable to provide any further assistance to you at this time however if the issue is still current after 21 to 30 days please contact us back to notify us of this.

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's about them using public headers. If you are banned for cheating, that's completely different.

I'm using public headers since the beginning. But I never played Pokémon and played Smash Bros online once when it came out. I don't play the only two games that Nintendo take seriously, so I think is a combination of both (major game and public header), not only public headers like people think it is.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I'm using public headers since the beginning. But I never played Pokémon and played Smash Bros online once when it came out. I don't play the only two games that Nintendo take seriously, so I think is a combination of both (major game and public header), not only public headers like people think it is.
That being so, I urge you to switch to private headers. If you have a Gateway/Powersave it's super easy to make the switch. If not, then I can help you get one.

#LetsEndPublicHeaders

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That being so, I urge you to switch to private headers. If you have a Gateway/Powersave it's super easy to make the switch. If not, then I can help you get one.

#LetsEndPublicHeaders

I can switch to CIA if that's the case. But I don't think public headers are the ONLY reason for bans, because we would see way more banned players. There's something behind it that we couldn't figure what is yet.

But I agree, everyone should try to use private headers if they can, but there's more in this story than we know. :(

Reactions: squeeb

Stratosfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dark Fulgore said:
I can switch to CIA if that's the case. But I don't think public headers are the ONLY reason for bans, because we would see way more banned players. There's something behind it that we couldn't figure what is yet.

I think we don't see a lot of peoples reporting bans is because they are completly ignorant about it (like I was).

Dark Fulgore said:
But I agree, everyone should try to use private headers if they can, but there's more in this story than we know.

As soon as I'll be unbanned (tomorrow it will be 30 days since my ban), I'll test to go online with PH on Pokémon games and SSB.

D

Deleted User

I can probably call Nintendo about the 002-0102 error when I get home, I'll record the phone conversation.

Edit: What should I ask about specifically?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Does that mean I am on the save side or that I constantly running a risk?
Running .cia? We don't know about if anything is safe, but nobody who posted here in the past 155 pages was banned for using only .cia files. So until proven otherwise, it's just as safe as private headers and much safer than public ones.

I can probably call Nintendo about the 002-0102 error when I get home, I'll record the phone conversation.

Edit: What should I ask about specifically?
Having read almost this entire thread since its inception, you're not going to get very far. They'll say that it's a ban code and that they can't help you out and that you'll have to wait. They may ask you to take pictures of the back of your carts (hope you're good at photoshop). But if you still want to... Maybe ask if the ban is permanent or temporary and if temporary if they can give you an estimation of how much time left.

D

Deleted User

Having read almost this entire thread since its inception, you're not going to get very far. They'll say that it's a ban code and that they can't help you out and that you'll have to wait. They may ask you to take pictures of the back of your carts (hope you're good at photoshop). But if you still want to... Maybe ask if the ban is permanent or temporary and if temporary if they can give you an estimation of how much time left.
I don't even own Photoshop... yet. So I'd have to get someone else to do that for me.
I'll probably ask about the ban times like you suggested. Hopefully it's not like that Smash 3DS ban glitch that happened a while ago... That'd be absolutely insane... :wtf:

EDIT: So, this is what I have written down so far. Anyone else have any suggestions?
6279426749759488.png

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Ericzander

squeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo 3DS Console Firmware 9.8.0-25 Released
So new firmware, i will not be updating yet, probably trying to block flash carts again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7