Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I already know what i am doing wrong.

Someone use a wrong gw card from my eur 3ds on my us 3ds. So the header is from other region. And later I use microsd card from a correct one to burn to sky3ds. so it definitely will work.

Sorry for my mistake and provide faulty information here.

XvValKy.jpg

Wait so are you ok now? - Did you test?

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
well yeah i have seen more reports from sky3ds users than gateway users, there is no clear cause.....anyone saying its down to either one on itself is just trying to mindlessly bash something

The Gateway team should give a statement. Don't you agree?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its so sporadic that i dont think even they could know the exact cause unless they have insider info.....the majority of people are fine, just a handful of people having issues.....it could even just be server issues on nintendo's end, or they are doing a gradual ban rollout to confuse people......until there is a clear cause any statement would just be "we dont know what it is or why its happening"....which wouldn't help anyone

IF they actually know anything about it yeah they should let people know, but unless they have been banned it would be pretty hard to diagnose

Reactions: KJ1

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

im not quite sure why everyone expects Gateway to give a statement?? its not their fault that this is happening? People who use their Cards are expected to have some ground knowledge on how to work with them and make them work, plus they should be expected to accept the risks involved in using them?

it would be nice of them n all to give some information on the situation, but im sure they have more bigger things to work on like getting us all a working GW on 9.4+

im not saying this to get Flamed but none of this is GW's fault. if anyone from this Scene has issues they all know where to go for advice and help.

Reactions: tony_2018 and KJ1

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Headers are so easy to make, especially with a GW handy. I'm surprised many people still use public headers at all. I'm using my SSB header but thinking of changing over to OoT or something since it doesn't have online at all and will always be safe.

You have to think about the sky3ds users, they are at the will of sky3ds.

Doran754

Conform comrades
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone who has been "Banned" (I use this term lightly at the moment) tried changing the Header to a private one and actually tried again to go online? or has anyone who has been "banned" given their Header to someone who isn't "banned" and had them inject that on to the same Rom file and tried to go online? this would rule out if it is the headers that are being blocked??

I'm going to dump my Mario Kart 7 game in a mo, I take it the header will be easy to find? I've never dumped a game before. I take it it's the backup 3ds game cartridge option?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
its so sporadic that i dont think even they could know the exact cause unless they have insider info.....the majority of people are fine, just a handful of people having issues.....it could even just be server issues on nintendo's end, or they are doing a gradual ban rollout to confuse people......until there is a clear cause any statement would just be "we dont know what it is or why its happening"....which wouldn't help anyone

IF they actually know anything about it yeah they should let people know, but unless they have been banned it would be pretty hard to diagnose

Sony PSP has an update - named "security" in update to be transparent.
Nintendo 3DS update - "stability" improvements "behind the scenes BS" which doesn't mean jack shit.

Sony Ban: you have been banned or suspended from PSN
Microsoft: you have been suspended from xbox live. Please contact Xbox Support.
Nintendo (if this is even a BAN of some sorts): can't connect to the access point. You can't use online on this card. Possible fake error code. durrrr....Maybe something like this would be better

You have the Nintendo Network ID agreement and have been suspended from online services error code: xxx-xxxx

but we all know Nintendo won't ever be transparent about any ban or blacklisting as it's the elephant in the room they refuse to publically acknowledge. It's a way to be a hard ass and punish the scene. Unlike the others who will tell you that they know about your hacking deeds. Nintendo says nothing.

Because once they do acknowledge it, then others who don't know about flashcarts will wonder "what IS a 3rd party device? I'm going to look that up"

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to dump my Mario Kart 7 game in a mo, I take it the header will be easy to find? I've never dumped a game before. I take it it's the backup 3ds game cartridge option?

You dump the game from your GW menu and transfer the ROM to your computer. Using the header swap tool, there's a command to extract the header. Save the output file and you can use it to inject to all the roms you want to have online access for. T_T

Doran754

Conform comrades
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You dump the game from your GW menu and transfer the ROM to your computer. Using the header swap tool, there's a command to extract the header. Save the output file and you can use it to inject to all the roms you want to have online access for. T_T

Dumping the game now, by header swap tool I assume you mean the rom patcher? That's the only program I have to import export headers into files. I've no program to extract the header from a retail cart though any link for it in these forums?

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumping the game now, by header swap tool I assume you mean the rom patcher? That's the only program I have to import export headers into files. I've no program to extract the header from a retail cart though any link for it in these forums?

Yes once you load the rom with the program there should be an option to export the header. It should be a .bin file.

Doran754

Conform comrades
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't work, same error code. I'm pretty certain it's a unit ban now, though I reckon it's because I used a public header to begin with. People with private headers only they have should be safe for now.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now I already know what i am doing wrong.

Someone use a wrong gw card from my eur 3ds on my us 3ds. So the header is from other region. And later I use microsd card from a correct one to burn to sky3ds. so it definitely will work.

Sorry for my mistake and provide faulty information here.

XvValKy.jpg
Phew, you really shocked us! :D Glad everything turned out well for you.

So..., my list is still showing the same result: private headers and cia files are safe (for now)

Reactions: Tomsquik Chill

Grumbled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to think about the sky3ds users, they are at the will of sky3ds.

You can easily use custom headers with sky3ds; Sky3ds just doesn't really mention this to their users at all. That's why I said they need to be proactive and start giving a warning, because if this turns out to be about shared headers almost all of the sky3ds base will be banned.

has anyone who has been "Banned" (I use this term lightly at the moment) tried changing the Header to a private one and actually tried again to go online? or has anyone who has been "banned" given their Header to someone who isn't "banned" and had them inject that on to the same Rom file and tried to go online? this would rule out if it is the headers that are being blocked??

T

Yes, I am Banned. It is absolutely a ban, as confirmed by Nintendo chat, but they didn't have any more details available for me. As for the headers, my legit purchased 3ds game carts are not working. They have never been tampered with for any purpose. Miiverse works, and eshop works so I'm guessing the ban is based on the MAC address given to your 3ds.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I am Banned. It is absolutely a ban, as confirmed by Nintendo chat, but they didn't have any more details available for me. As for the headers, my legit purchased 3ds game carts are not working. They have never been tampered with for any purpose. Miiverse works, and eshop works so I'm guessing the ban is based on the MAC address given to your 3ds.

what did you do to get banned?...

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dont use use any multiplayer game in general but I was tempted to use a .3dz for some little extra like in Bravely Default.
Now I'm glad that i didn't.
I was worried about the headers despite never been a problem from years may become a reason for trouble in the future.
At least I will be able to use my legit cartdrige to use pokemon bank in the future.
I'm still waiting to see if someone with cia or a private header will be banned since that means that they detect emunand itself and would be really bad.
No reason to suspect this for now, but who knows. Lets hope for the better.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GW or Sky?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can easily use custom headers with sky3ds; Sky3ds just doesn't really mention this to their users at all. That's why I said they need to be proactive and start giving a warning, because if this turns out to be about shared headers almost all of the sky3ds base will be banned.

Yes but sky3ds need a way to pull there own private headers, is there a way for them to do that without additional hardware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk