Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Not wanting to jinx myself, but I've been playing MH4U online for 3 days straight on a 'clean' (not region free'd) CIA of MH4U and still am free. Even got the Starter Pack which adds to the game as some sort of purchase (which is an odd choice for online DLC).

For the record, I've never used .3DZ BUT! Have used one or two .3DS in the past. Otherwise it's been ALL .CIA.

Reactions: coke666

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Finally, i got a test with a Mac Address related to a banned console (Thanks zannalabianca) and i can say that Nintendo bans are not related to MAC address!

Spoofing my MAC Address to a "banned" ones doesn't affect my online access to Super Street Fighter 3D Edition gameservers so probably bans are related to some ID in NAND chip (like keyvault for Xbox360 and Microsoft bans).

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I HATE to ask since I'm sure I'm not the first but has anyone been banned by using a private header across different games?

No.

Just got off the phone to them they said the reason was I was using an illicit copy of the game, I asked which game and they couldn't give me anymore info. He said the only thing I could do would be to send over a picture of my entire game collection front and back of both cartridges and then it'll be referred back to Nintendo of Euope.
Woah man... Well it's either time for you to buy a bunch of games, or become a master photo shopper!

i have used public header for 5-6 days, after, i have ALWAYS used a PRIVATE HEADER (omega rubin)..
And yesterday i get BANNED.

watch.. and yes.
You were banned for using a public header.

So far CIA are a lot safer.
Than public headers? For sure. Than private headers? I'm not so sure. Personally what I think I'll do is play my offline games as CIA files (they are a smaller size and I don't have to keep pulling them on and off. Plus, they look cool on the system). But I'm going to play my online ones as .3dz files with a private header that I ripped from my copy of Bravely Default. This is because I dunno if they can tell if the version of the game that you're playing is a CIA (in which case we can get in trouble if they see we're playing a downloaded version of the game that we didn't buy) and we aren't sure of what info the activity log gives to them about it either. Assuming that they can't tell that a ripped header was from a different game originally, and if you keep the header to yourself, then private ones are safe. Lots of "what-ifs" though. I'm honestly scared to play anything online right now. But if I were to pick between CIA and private header 3dz I think I'll chose the later.

Finally, i got a test with a Mac Address related to a banned console (Thanks zannalabianca) and i can say that Nintendo bans are not related to MAC address!
So this should end the discussion on if mac spoofing will help.

mahid5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Spoofing my MAC Address to a "banned" ones doesn't affect my online access to Super Street Fighter 3D Edition gameservers so probably bans are related to some ID in NAND chip (like keyvault for Xbox360 and Microsoft bans).

Figured as much, but thanks for confirming!

I haven't gotten banned and have yet to even go online with any .3dz roms, I'm keeping a close eye on this thread just so I know what things to be cautious of. So pretty much it's confirmed that public headers = ban? I've heard that there are risks related to using CIA, can anyone expand on this?

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I've heard that there are risks related to using CIA, can anyone expand on this?
I explained my theory a bit in the post above yours (I think we posted at the same time). I dunno how possible it is, but Nintendo may be able to see if you're playing a downloaded version of a game or a physical version. They see that you're playing a downloaded one but you didn't buy it? Red flag.

mahid5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I explained my theory a bit in the post above yours (I think we posted at the same time). I dunno how possible it is, but Nintendo may be able to see if you're playing a downloaded version of a game or a physical version. They see that you're playing a downloaded one but you didn't buy it? Red flag.

Right, ok. So I guess what you're doing is the safest, play CIAs offline and only use private headers online. I don't know if Nintendo can tell which game a header belongs to, but just in case I think I'll rip a few ROMs from a friend.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on MH4U day 4 now and still ok.

If anything I have to assume they just took a log of any header a user has used and checked to see how many other players have used it. If they are just looking for the amount of times 1 header was online more than once (publicly used) then that is why private headers are not being banned. And if they want me to take a picture I will because the only games I play online I own.

No matter how cheated I got on that gore magala statue because it's way smaller than the picture. Thanks Capcom, you jerks.

Reactions: coke666

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

They wouldn't be able to do that for all games though, what about ones bought pre-NNID?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They wouldn't be able to do that for all games though, what about ones bought pre-NNID?
They were still linked to your console, you could delete titles and re-download them just like now. The only thing NNID changed in that regard is pooling eShop currency across platforms, IIRC. They knew then whether that game had been purchased for that unit or not, and they still know now. Nothing has changed since then in that regard.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

Woah man... Well it's either time for you to buy a bunch of games, or become a master photo shopper!

You were banned for using a public header.

Than public headers? For sure. Than private headers? I'm not so sure. Personally what I think I'll do is play my offline games as CIA files (they are a smaller size and I don't have to keep pulling them on and off. Plus, they look cool on the system). But I'm going to play my online ones as .3dz files with a private header that I ripped from my copy of Bravely Default. This is because I dunno if they can tell if the version of the game that you're playing is a CIA (in which case we can get in trouble if they see we're playing a downloaded version of the game that we didn't buy) and we aren't sure of what info the activity log gives to them about it either. Assuming that they can't tell that a ripped header was from a different game originally, and if you keep the header to yourself, then private ones are safe. Lots of "what-ifs" though. I'm honestly scared to play anything online right now. But if I were to pick between CIA and private header 3dz I think I'll chose the later.

So this should end the discussion on if mac spoofing will help.

Thank you

MAXAITA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
para evitar baneos estas son mis recomendaciones.

1.- usa juegos sacados de los rip de tus juegos si vas a jugar en linear
2.- no uses cias para jugar por que:
nintendo tiene una base de datos de todos los que han comprado juegos digitales al comparar tu cuenta o tu consola con el cia que estas corriendo adivina ellos pueden asumir que estas jugando un juego pirateado
3.- odvio si no tienes el rip de tu propio juego no juegues juegos en linea.

xppancho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
para evitar baneos estas son mis recomendaciones.

1.- usa juegos sacados de los rip de tus juegos si vas a jugar en linear
2.- no uses cias para jugar por que:
nintendo tiene una base de datos de todos los que han comprado juegos digitales al comparar tu cuenta o tu consola con el cia que estas corriendo adivina ellos pueden asumir que estas jugando un juego pirateado
3.- odvio si no tienes el rip de tu propio juego no juegues juegos en linea.

no escribas en español en este foro, es solo ingles.

Don't write in another language, only english

Reactions: netovsk

Richie_b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been lurking around this forum for a while since I own a sky3ds. I played quite a few times with wi-fi on, before the 9.5 update, and one or two times after it.

I've been using public headers, but I've been playing games with no online mode, limited online features, or with online mode (although I've never used it it). After the first bans became known I've only played games on my flashcard with the wifi turned off.

Am I lucky or something? Honestly this whole situation makes me feel uneasy since I put myself under risk, but maybe Nintendo banning methods are arbitrary based on how they can percieve whether someone is playing a legit copy or not? Or do they consider how long do you play the game online or not?

(and sorry if the text seems messed up in any of its sections. I'm writing from a phone and I figured the keyboard is a little buggy in here)

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hey quick question guys. Would a header from a USA version of a game work (or otherwise be as safe as any other private header) on a EUR game? I'm planning on extracting a header for this guy who is using a EUR system and wanna be sure that it'll work out. Can you see any issues?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey quick question guys. Would a header from a USA version of a game work (or otherwise be as safe as any other private header) on a EUR game? I'm planning on extracting a header for this guy who is using a EUR system and wanna be sure that it'll work out. Can you see any issues?

It's possible that Nintendo will later check regions of headers... But not much more likely than them checking for headers used on multiple games, etc...

I've used a US header on EUR roms previously (before bans started) and it worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Megatron "Prime why throw away your life!" Prime "How do I think I got these gold rims!!!"
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time