Hacking Error Autobooting Systemmenu - Preloader .29 beta v1

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the setup would depend on what version of the Homebrew Channel you were using. If you are using the latest one, with title ID OHBC, then you could just install the 4.3 menu, IOS 80, and every other IOSes latest version. If it was using an outdated Homebrew Channel ex) Title ID JODI, then you would need to install Priiloader, set the System Menu hack "Don't remove title IDs HAXX, DVDX, JODI, etc." to on, use Dop-Mii Wiibrew edition to update, choose the backup and restore Priiloader option, and then update all of your IOSes.
It would be much easier to do the first method, and as Xflak said, Modmii can do the first step autonomously.

Last edited by PalindromicBreadLoaf, , Reason: Forgot a step in the second section.

Miggyyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thank you for explaining that. That makes perfect sense.

Okay so I changed the system menu options in NUSDownloader to 4.1U and got a new .wad file. I guess the good part is I haven't been able to install a wad yet so no incorrect wad has been ink stalled.
My current problem is I'm still getting to the homebrew channel, selecting yawmm, then getting to a screen asking me if I agree. If I do, Press A. But Pressing A does nothing.

If I'm running the boot.elf, running bootmii installer and he homebrew channel installer. It doesn't appear to fix anything on the priiloader menu. (As far as the menu options to select homebrew channel that is) Do you think this is do to using a preloader that is so old? Is there a way to install a newer version of the preloader at the current state the wii is in?

Did I mention that I am using a gamecube controller? Could that be the problem on the yawmm menu?
Can I ask for help about my wii?
I have a wii korea and I don’t have a knowledge at first because I updated my wii korea to the nintendo server and I received the same message above this thread and upon checking the system it is modded and the menu version 417 it is already region changed because v417 is USA region. I’m having trouble on what system menu firmware should I download in NUS Downloader, is it the same as the USA v417 or the latest firmware of wii korea which is 4.3K?

Attachments

• 9BC66555-1E9F-48B0-87E0-C991B7C6184D.jpeg
    9BC66555-1E9F-48B0-87E0-C991B7C6184D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
Last edited by Miggyyy,

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Miggyyy can you access the homebrew channel? Because if so, you can use NUS to download IOS60 and System Menu 4.1, and install them with YAWMM by Fix94. However, before you try that, do you have the setting "Use System Menu IOS" or something like that disbled? And if you do, enable it and try to boot your wii then.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Miggyyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@Miggyyy can you access the homebrew channel? Because if so, you can use NUS to download IOS60 and System Menu 4.1, and install them with YAWMM by Fix94. However, before you try that, do you have the setting "Use System Menu IOS" or something like that disbled? And if you do, enable it and try to boot your wii then.
Hi, actually when I have a wiimote before, I can’t access to HBC. I’m buying a new wii remote so I can control it. But this time, I can’t really do nothing on the wii. I just wanna know if what firmware should I download in NUS Downloader, is it the new firmware 4.3K or the version firmware that is displaying on the console? Thanks for replying :)

Miggyyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do you have any social media apps so that I could chat with you regarding my wii? Thanks :)

Alanzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
Hello guys! I have the same issue as the initial thread post. I have the 4.0 start menu that is not loading with preloader 0.29 after trying to update to 4.3 . After managing to open homebrew channel from hackmii launcher 1.0. I have an issue where I can't install bootmii as the SD card port seem to be corrupted. Any other way to do it and to install the system menu WAM as I managed to download it from NUS?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes it's possible, but you should reinstall priiloader immediately afterwards as it would be removed during the system menu installation. Ideally you would first get a working sd card to install bootmii and make a nand backup before doing this but it is not necessary if all goes according to plan

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Alanzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
Yes it's possible, but you should reinstall priiloader immediately afterwards as it would be removed during the system menu installation. Ideally you would first get a working sd card to install bootmii and make a nand backup before doing this but it is not necessary if all goes according to plan

Thank you for Your prompt reply! Can you please guide me through the process how I should do it and what files I need? (my sd slot hardware is not working but I have an sd card and can put it in a usb sd reader)

Alanzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
So I managed to install version 418 (same as the the corrupted one) systemmenu through yawmm in homebrew but after restart now the problem is worse! black screen now and I can't do anything anymore! full brick! is there anything to do??

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I managed to install version 418 (same as the the corrupted one) systemmenu through yawmm in homebrew but after restart now the problem is worse! black screen now and I can't do anything anymore! full brick! is there anything to do??
If Priiloader (or the older Preloader) is gone, no BootMii in boot2 there is nothing that can be done with software methods.
That is the reason for this warning:

Reactions: FrenezyFr and XFlak

formattingmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone, I was sent here from noob paradise a while ago because I
have a similar problem as the one in the thread (Error autobooting
systemmenu)

My problem is that I semi-bricked my Wii by formatting it. Now I can
only access the preloader menu, all options giving the following error
Systemmenu: Error autobooting systemmenu! Ticket not found!
homebrew channel: Error autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed?
Installed File: Error autobooting file, try reinstalling! Could not open file!
Systemmenu Hacks: Couldn't find "hacks.ini" neither on FAT or on NAND

Some more info:
The system menu was 3.2U
IOS v30 / Systemmenu v289 / Preloader v0.28

The Wii came with no SD card and it doesn't read any SD (HC) i have (i
had to buy an old SD card)

I don't have a GC controller,

Any help on how to fix this is appreciated!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Grab modmii from modmii.github.io

You're then going to follow the hackmii solutions wizard with some modifications

After completing the wizard and you have the files on your sd card. Also save syscheck onto your sd card, and the latest priiloader installer. These can be found in modmii classic's manual download pages.

Now you're going to have a custom guide to follow, but the first step for u will be different. In preloader, you're going to install the boot.elf for MMM, which will be saved to sd:/boot.elf. Then you will launch the installed file which should now be MMM. From there start to follow your guide, install the wads that will allow the latest hackmii installer to run, then launch the hackmii installer from mmm's app launcher. Install the homebrew channel and bootmii, when you exit the hackmii installer it should take u to the homebrew channel.

From the homebrew channel, run the latest priiloader installer and update it, this will allow u to boot from priiloader into the hbc without having to do any workaround (older preloader won't be able to natively launch the latest hbc). Then run syscheck and post the results here (and/or use modmii's syscheck updater wizard)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

While in the hbc, hit the home button and select bootmii, then make a nand backup.

At this stage report back with your syscheck results, and whether you still have issues accessing the system menu.

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

formattingmonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry for double posting, I seem to be stuck in step 1
I downloaded and copied all the files to my SD, put the SD in the Wii and installed boot.elf(it gave me two options: boot.elf or bootmini.elf). Then I went to Installed File and it gives this error:
Error autobooting file, try reinstalling!
Reading the file failed!

I tried reinstalling it, but it still gives me that error
What should I do?
Again, thanks for your time and assistance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-