Hacking Error after Region Change: 005-5958

KeeYN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I planned to send my O3DS to a friend living in the US. The hacking and the region change was all successful, using the guides available on 3ds.guide. Unfortunately, each backup I made, I overwrote the last backup to avoid taking up too much space. Then, I tested whether I could use the eShop on this device. Sillily (if there is such a word), I decided after it first didn't work to create an American NNID as well, and made it so that it matched the 3DS region perfectly. Unfortunately, the error still persisted.

It was only this point that I decided to look into it, and I found things on other websites which weren't mentioned on 3ds.guide: there was something about a file called secureinfo_A, which apparently holds information about the 3DS including a serial number. Given that I didn't keep the backups prior to the region change, have I lost this all? Furthermore, is there any way to get the eShop running beyond this point?

Sorry for my idiocy about this, I really should have kept every back-up I made. Any help would be appreciated.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
quoted from 3ds.guide

After this process, only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and all Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!

Note that occasionally the eShop will inexplicably still not work for devices that it should work for. This is entirely to do with Nintendo’s servers, and I really do not have any control over it. Additionally, note that occasionally the eShop will inexplicably work for devices that it should not (such as some New 3DSs). The cause for this is currently unknown.

KeeYN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was one of the 'all old 3DSes', but yeah, I should have taken note of that it might not work for ones it should work for. Thanks for the help, Gizmo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...