OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone! I'm new to the Wii modding scene and still a noob, but I have been extensively researching this for the past week now.

Anyway, here's where I'm at. I've got the newest version of HBC, downgraded to 3.2U, used cIOS36_rev7 and installed Gamma V.3 and I keep getting error 349. From what I've heard, this is because of either a bad burn or that cIOS249 isn't properly installed.

Here's how I burn:
- Sony DVD-R's
- ImgBurn
- 2X

(I've tried variants of this too, such as Nero, 1X, 4X, 16X. Also, with some burns I did, I used something called IOSpatcher). I've also tried two different game backups of different games.

As for Gamma, I've tried a few different things. I've used AnyTileDeleter and looked up IOS249. Is there a difference when you talk about IOS249 and just 249? If so, where exactly is "249" in AnyTileDeleter?

Ok, so mainly here's what I'm asking:
- Does anyone know if Sony DVD-Rs are compatible with the Wii? [If not, what brand(s) do you use?]
- Does AnyTileDeleter hold the key for fixing error 349?
- If neither of those are my problem, how would I properly install cIOS249/direct me a good noob-proof walk-through on installing cIOS249.

Thanks so much for your help, the community has helped me so much, I probably wouldn't have been able to get to this point without reading what's already been said on this forum.
bow.gif

EDIT: Just noticed that there is another thread about Sony DVD-Rs... I was so positive that I was burning the discs properly, I had only quickly Googled the Sony question once before.

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe my mario kart backup is on a sony dvd-r and it works
all my other backups are on TDK dvd-r which work great...

I suggest burning again, reinstalling cios249 or installing cios249 rev8

unr007d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had the same prob awhile ago but all is fixed now...got all games to work... get ios36rev8 and b4 you install it use anytitledel and delete iso249 (1st option-system titles press 'a' then find 249 and press a again) then install the rev8.....should be good to go.....also try changing the hook type in gamma I have to change mine to wii pad everytime or I get the 349 error...I burn my discs on Sony to the cheapest crap and no problems with any

okimasa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
unr007d said:
had the same prob awhile ago but all is fixed now...got all games to work... get ios36rev8 and b4 you install it use anytitledel and delete iso249 (1st option-system titles press 'a' then find 249 and press a again) then install the rev8.....should be good to go.....also try changing the hook type in gamma I have to change mine to wii pad everytime or I get the 349 error...I burn my discs on Sony to the cheapest crap and no problems with any

Once again, no success.
frown.gif

Although could you clarify one thing? You mention ios249, then just 249. Are these different things? If so, where is "249" located.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg