Hacking Error 324 - Media Issue or CIOS?

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
A dvd-r wouldn't work but a dvd+r does? LoL

Lol thats really odd... maybe the disc he had was bad? but when i clean my wii i just take one of those air blower things you use to clean dust of the inside of your computers and blow it in the wii. It gets rid of the dust all right. I think it also cleans your lens in a way...

LANAsiDOOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cleaning the lense require you to take apart the wii i believe.. and yes a DVD+R worked and a DVD-R didnt... weird I guess...

btw, from experience with modding xboxes, i know that some regular xboxes shipped with different brands of dvd drives, and i remember the samsungs being able to read the most types of blank cds/dvds...... so, it makes me wonder if depending on where/when my wii was made if it was made with different type of dvd drive which only reads certain media...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup error 324 is pretty much confirmed to be a media error now
Also 349 is almost the same.

These happen with DVD+R discs more than anything else usually , but obviously there are exceptions.
You can also get that error when you have a badly patched ISO or a bad burn.

still hard to narrow it down to a specific , but it has to do with the discs or wii lens and not the cIOS

amrum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it's a media issue but also a lens/drive one.
Why ? Because i tested my backup (burned on a TDK DVD-R (Scratchproof - TTH02)) and it work on 2 Wii but NOT on the third one.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had a lot of troubles with media, cause I couldn't get the media that I want, and in this case I would go by cIOS issue, why? here what happened:

I install Waninkoko's cIOS36_r7 because I saw on a thread that Menu Patcher only worked with Wanin's, so I went directly to that, I have the necesary .wad so I did it via Wad Method, when I tryed a Game, the loader give me the 324 error, then I when to AnyTD and delete IOS249, again install Wad Method, again 324 error, so the third time I choose Wi-Fi Method........guess what, this time worked, dunno if it worked because it was the third time (is a charm), but I definetly would say, that the Wad Method in Wanin's installer doesn't work very well, I didn't try WiiGator's one, but IMHO cIOS Installer is the issue...!!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: