Error 324 - Media Issue or CIOS?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LANAsiDOOG, Nov 26, 2008.

Nov 26, 2008
  1. LANAsiDOOG
    OP

Newcomer LANAsiDOOG Member

United States
    After reading through the forums I came across a debate as to whether error 324 is a Media Issue or a CIOS issue.

The type of media I'm using is DVD-R Maxell

I installed .3 gamma on 2 wiis last night, the first wii was reading the media fine and everything worked good. The second wii was having trouble reading the disc and giving me error 324. This leads me to believe that the dvd drive in the second wii may be different and having problems reading that certain type of media? Is all wii hardware the same? if that's the case maybe the dvd drive is getting old? I ordered some verbatim dics so I'm still waiting to try those. I'm hoping it's a media issue because I really tried everything to get the CIOS installed correctly. It worked fine on the first wii, but the second wii is having problems and I'm almost certain I installed it correctly.

on the first wii i followed the directions in wiigators archive to install .3 beta... then i installed gamma after that... on the second wii however i skipped the beta install and went straight to gamma... do you think that messed up the CIOS? Still kinda new with wii hacking... any help is GREATLY appreciated, because this second wii that's not reading the media happens to be mine, and my friends wii worked like a charm...

I tried steps that were found in other posts and had no luck... I used anytitledeleter, cios downgrader, tried reinstalling etc... no luck... maybe I skipped a step? any input? can anyone confirm that this IS actually a CIOS issue? or if its a media issue? Because I see a mix of people saying its one or the other... and right now I'm leading to believe it's a Media issue...

Thanks a lot, replies greatly appreciated

2. kratos_kanasaki

Newcomer kratos_kanasaki Member

United States
    its a Cios error, to fix it just reinstall the loader.

3. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Could it be either or? I have absolutely 100% helped someone with this error, and as soon as they booktyped their DVD+R to DVD-ROM it went away. So... not saying it isnt cios error, just that perhaps it could be both.

4. LANAsiDOOG
    OP

United States
    are you talking about through WAD manager? I believe I installed the .3 backup loader titled "forceNTSC" on it, but then i installed the gamma channel wad after that... is this what you're talking about?

5. mick711

Newcomer mick711 Member

France
    You no for CIOS but i can say to you that is possible it's not only because wrong media i test and when CIOS i don't know why whas not installed or wrong you can have error 324 .
    Media too that is the problem for test try all backup you have . A second TOPIC :

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116...p;#entry1577411

6. LANAsiDOOG
    OP

United States
    I have a feeling that once I use the verbatim DVD-Rs that it will go away... the only question is why would the Maxell DVD-r work in one wii but not another? That's the only reason I think it might be CIOS... but then again, when I put the DVD-r into my wii thats not working, it seems and sounds like it has a hard time reading it...

7. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Error 324 as far as i remember is a Media error - and if the discs worked once they should work again - leave them alone overnight and try agian and see if they work , or try burning a different disc

The wii dvd reader is a lot more sensative than people realise - disc type is very important

8. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    no he is talking about installing the Cios for the loader , just try reinstalling the Cios for now and see what happens [​IMG]

9. LANAsiDOOG
    OP

United States
  10. EmperorOfCanada

Canada
    Definitely there are things that can make a difference.. Is your wii older? Is it kept in a dirtier room? (by that I mean like does it collect a lot of dust?) Maybe the lens needs cleaning? All just guesses really but I know at least in some cases it can be because of media.

CIOS or media, Im not sure which is more common.

11. LANAsiDOOG
    OP

United States
    Thanks for your reply... so are you saying all wii dvd hardware drives are the same? and if the media was read in one wii it should be read in another as long as everything was installed correctly? I'm hoping that the reason it's not being read is because my DVD drive is getting old...

12. LANAsiDOOG
    OP

United States
    How do you go about cleaning the lense?

13. BIG MOE

Syria
    is reinstalling the Cios doesn't solve the error then I agree with djtaz it must be a media issue , so just grab a 50DVD-r Verbatim from best buy @ 19.99$ and tell us how that works [​IMG]

14. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Its $9.99, not $20

15. LANAsiDOOG
    OP

United States
    I bought 100 verbatim DVD-r for 18.99 free shipping from newegg

16. BIG MOE

Syria
    thanks bro that will be my first stop on the home from work [​IMG]

17. LANAsiDOOG
    OP

United States
    Thank god I wasn't going crazy... it appeared that it WAS a media issue... or perhaps even a different hardware brand for the dvd drive inside the Wii... who knows...

all I know is that as soon as I tried a different media type it worked... i just ran down to my friends house to grab some different blank dvds and it all worked out... using "ESA" (never heard of it but hey it works) and its a DVD+R... WOO!! thanks for all your replies guys

take care

18. EmperorOfCanada

Canada
    Well...

Score:

cIOS: 0 Media: 1

19. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    A dvd-r wouldn't work but a dvd+r does? LoL

20. amrum

Member amrum GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Does someone know what "brand" the editors use to burn the games ? Can we identify these DVD ?