Hacking Error 324 - Media Issue or CIOS?

LANAsiDOOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading through the forums I came across a debate as to whether error 324 is a Media Issue or a CIOS issue.

The type of media I'm using is DVD-R Maxell

I installed .3 gamma on 2 wiis last night, the first wii was reading the media fine and everything worked good. The second wii was having trouble reading the disc and giving me error 324. This leads me to believe that the dvd drive in the second wii may be different and having problems reading that certain type of media? Is all wii hardware the same? if that's the case maybe the dvd drive is getting old? I ordered some verbatim dics so I'm still waiting to try those. I'm hoping it's a media issue because I really tried everything to get the CIOS installed correctly. It worked fine on the first wii, but the second wii is having problems and I'm almost certain I installed it correctly.

on the first wii i followed the directions in wiigators archive to install .3 beta... then i installed gamma after that... on the second wii however i skipped the beta install and went straight to gamma... do you think that messed up the CIOS? Still kinda new with wii hacking... any help is GREATLY appreciated, because this second wii that's not reading the media happens to be mine, and my friends wii worked like a charm...

I tried steps that were found in other posts and had no luck... I used anytitledeleter, cios downgrader, tried reinstalling etc... no luck... maybe I skipped a step? any input? can anyone confirm that this IS actually a CIOS issue? or if its a media issue? Because I see a mix of people saying its one or the other... and right now I'm leading to believe it's a Media issue...

Thanks a lot, replies greatly appreciated

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Could it be either or? I have absolutely 100% helped someone with this error, and as soon as they booktyped their DVD+R to DVD-ROM it went away. So... not saying it isnt cios error, just that perhaps it could be both.

LANAsiDOOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you talking about through WAD manager? I believe I installed the .3 backup loader titled "forceNTSC" on it, but then i installed the gamma channel wad after that... is this what you're talking about?

LANAsiDOOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Could it be either or? I have absolutely 100% helped someone with this error, and as soon as they booktyped their DVD+R to DVD-ROM it went away. So... not saying it isnt cios error, just that perhaps it could be both.

I have a feeling that once I use the verbatim DVD-Rs that it will go away... the only question is why would the Maxell DVD-r work in one wii but not another? That's the only reason I think it might be CIOS... but then again, when I put the DVD-r into my wii thats not working, it seems and sounds like it has a hard time reading it...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Error 324 as far as i remember is a Media error - and if the discs worked once they should work again - leave them alone overnight and try agian and see if they work , or try burning a different disc

The wii dvd reader is a lot more sensative than people realise - disc type is very important

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
no he is talking about installing the Cios for the loader , just try reinstalling the Cios for now and see what happens
wink.gif

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Definitely there are things that can make a difference.. Is your wii older? Is it kept in a dirtier room? (by that I mean like does it collect a lot of dust?) Maybe the lens needs cleaning? All just guesses really but I know at least in some cases it can be because of media.

CIOS or media, Im not sure which is more common.

LANAsiDOOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Error 324 as far as i remember is a Media error - and if the discs worked once they should work again - leave them alone overnight and try agian and see if they work , or try burning a different disc

The wii dvd reader is a lot more sensative than people realise - disc type is very important

Thanks for your reply... so are you saying all wii dvd hardware drives are the same? and if the media was read in one wii it should be read in another as long as everything was installed correctly? I'm hoping that the reason it's not being read is because my DVD drive is getting old...

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djtaz said:

is reinstalling the Cios doesn't solve the error then I agree with djtaz it must be a media issue , so just grab a 50DVD-r Verbatim from best buy @ 19.99$ and tell us how that works
wink.gif

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
djtaz said:

is reinstalling the Cios doesn't solve the error then I agree with djtaz it must be a media issue , so just grab a 50DVD-r Verbatim from best buy @ 19.99$ and tell us how that works
wink.gif

Its $9.99, not $20

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Tichinde925 said:
BIG MOE said:
djtaz said:

wink.gif

Its $9.99, not $20
thanks bro that will be my first stop on the home from work
wink.gif

LANAsiDOOG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god I wasn't going crazy... it appeared that it WAS a media issue... or perhaps even a different hardware brand for the dvd drive inside the Wii... who knows...

all I know is that as soon as I tried a different media type it worked... i just ran down to my friends house to grab some different blank dvds and it all worked out... using "ESA" (never heard of it but hey it works) and its a DVD+R... WOO!! thanks for all your replies guys

take care

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head