1. Lockerzpoints2

OP Lockerzpoints2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, got 2181-4008 today after updating my Switch. Didn't go into CFW online, only played retail carts in OFW, etc. The unimportant details. I know my console can't get unbanned.
    I was just wondering, what are my options? My account seems perfectly fine and still has its membership on it. Can I just buy a new Nintendo Switch and login to my Nintendo account there and just play all my retail stuff there? What about save data? I don't know if cloud data has been consistent but I assume that's the only way to transfer. Not stressed about the ban as long as I can safely login to my other console with no problems.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    You should always use an emuNAND you keep offline (or patched with Incognito_RCM) to go online. Otherwise there's a chance there will be traces left that could lead to a ban, especially if you use pirated or homebrew NSPs which most certainly leave traces. If you did that and kept OFW separate from CFW you wouldn't get banned.
    You can transfer your account to a new Switch, Nintendo themselves have said that that's fine. Just logging in to your account on another Switch will work too but it's best to get the account transferred (so the Switch is set as primary console) so that you can play your eShop games or gams with purchased DLC without having to connect online every time to verify. Save data uploaded to the cloud will be synced, but not all games support it, pretty much anything that uses online has cloud syncing disabled.
    Some people have been importing save data to their OFW NAND without getting banned, but there are no guarantees that it's not detectable and won't result in a future ban.

3. Lockerzpoints2

United States
    Excellent reply. My thing is, I was doing a bit of research. Don't you have to have online access for both Nintendo Switches to be able to transfer an account that way? The banned one won't allow it, I'm sure, since I get all blocked messages. I hope the cloud data has been backing it up each time but I don't know how reliable it is. Should I potentially call Nintendo and ask them to unlink my account?

4. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Get another switch and just log in with your account. Your saves in question are doomed if it console bound with cloud b/c transferring requires both switch to have access with Nintendo's services.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    You can call them to have the account transferred, that's what people have been doing. That's how they were told that they could transfer their account from a banned Switch safely.

Lockerzpoints2 likes this.
  6. Lockerzpoints2

United States
    But the saves are still fine because they're linked to my account in the cloud, no? Just the console that's banned, not the account.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'll do just that then when I purchase a new switch. Whichever is the safer option, anyways.

7. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wonder why Nintendo are okay with that? Coz ull have to buy a new console

8. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I ve had my main account on a switch that got banned and my account still active and i just got another switch

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Because it costs money to buy a new console unlike making a new account.

If you are referring to why they don't just ban the account with purchases on it, there might be some laws surrounding it. Nintendo are pretty hesitant at banning accounts.

Shalashaska98 likes this.
  10. Shalashaska98

United States
    Makes sense thnx

Draxzelex likes this.
  11. Lockerzpoints2

United States
    Just got my new Nintendo Switch today. Just did the smart thing and bought the console only since the dock is $90 essentially with the bundle. About to phone Nintendo if they're open currently.

12. Shalashaska98

United States
    Did u get a hackable one?

13. Lockerzpoints2

United States
    The second one I bought is hackable as well, but I won't be hacking this one. The banned one will be used for all of my hacking needs. It's good as a backup option if anything, though.

14. Shalashaska98

United States
    Great then and good idea

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - options, Error,