slingblade1170

OP
Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Here are the possible solutions that may work if this error has plagued your Wii U like it has mine. It seem as if most of the problems lie in the IOS36 not the HBC or homebrew apps. This error can also be known by other error code numbers so its worth a shot on any updating issues.

IF YOUR UPDATES FAIL DURING INSTALL (NOT DOWNLOADING) THEN JUMP STRAIGHT TO SOLUTION #6 & #7!

Solution #1
As soon as the error occurs just reset the Wii U and try again, repeat and you may get a successful install.

Solution #2
If your Wii U's IP address has any port forwarding rules or is on DMZ then remove all rules and try the update.

Solution #3
Simply restart internet modem and router for 30-45 seconds and try the update again.

Solution #4 (I recommend NOT doing this!)
Reformat the Wii U's HDD and start from scratch, I do NOT recommend this solution until you tried all the others. THIS IS LIKELY NOT CAUSING YOUR ISSUES! THIS WILL NOT FIX IOS36!

Solution #5
The issue may be a DNS problem, use this DNS by going to settings and change internet connection settings to "Don't Obtain DNS" and enter this:
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8 - On the Wii U it will look like this 008.008.008.008
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4 - On the Wii U it will look like this 008.008.004.004

Solution #6 (Possible Fix for some!)
If none of these work try a different modem or router if possible, let me explain: I have a D-Link & Verizon FIOS router that I was trying to run the Wii U 4.0 system update on with no success and receiving the 162-0002 error while the update was installing. The update would stop on 32-69% and reboot my Wii U and the update must be downloaded all over again only to fail. After trying both the Verizon & D-Link router with all of these solutions above, I packed up my Wii U and went to my brothers house where he has Comcast cable internet & a gaming Netgear router. I changed my Wii U's internet settings to auto-obtain both IP & DNS and started the download, then the install finished perfectly with no issues. Nintendo may tell you to send it in or that cIOS or the Homebrew channel has destroyed your Wii U, that is not the case! The 162-0002 error is the download is simply corrupting during the downloading process and unable to install at that section of that data.

Solution #7 (If none of the other solutions fixed the problem this one should) Thanks to f7_key.
Method 1- Simply delete IOS259/IOS250/IOS251 (using anytitle deleter) and install IOS36-64-v3864.wad (Google the exact version and download/install).

Method 2 (If Method 1 Doesn't Work)- Delete and reinstall IOS249/IOS250/IOS251 and leave IOS36 ED_ID & ED_Version unpatched. This fix was done by Pimp My Wii 3.02 so I recommend using it to do this.

Deferet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to post my little experience on this issue.

First, I've been getting the 162-0002 error since about early july, and tried every solution as shown from above with no luck at all. During the time I had found out that games requiring a firmware update could be bypassed by taking my Wii U offline while playing. I finally got a copy of Zelda Windwaker the other day and it came with the firmware update on the disc. This update worked with no problem, and I was then able to update to the current firmware that was released a few days ago. So, for me, it seems that there was a problem with the download of the firmware, because this update on a physical disc did in fact work. Just my experience.

super mario 128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard if you have wii ioses on your vwii your get this error code. Is that true?

I had to post my little experience on this issue.

First, I've been getting the 162-0002 error since about early july, and tried every solution as shown from above with no luck at all. During the time I had found out that games requiring a firmware update could be bypassed by taking my Wii U offline while playing. I finally got a copy of Zelda Windwaker the other day and it came with the firmware update on the disc. This update worked with no problem, and I was then able to update to the current firmware that was released a few days ago. So, for me, it seems that there was a problem with the download of the firmware, because this update on a physical disc did in fact work. Just my experience.
Was your vWii hacked?

slingblade1170

OP
Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
The vWii being hacked has nothing to do with these errors, its packet loss from your ISP or device causing the download to corrupt and fail during install. You can keep retrying and eventually it will work but if not then you must connect the Wii U to another, more reliable internet connection to download and install the updates you want.

Deferet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard if you have wii ioses installed on your vWii your get this error code. the person who said it may be wrong.

I can't tell you for sure, because I'm not a hacker, but I have wii ioses installed, and updated successfully before this one update, and after over the internet. It was just this one update that got me, and I was able to update with a physical disk

super mario 128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell you for sure, because I'm not a hacker, but I have wii ioses installed, and updated successfully before this one update, and after over the internet. It was just this one update that got me, and I was able to update with a physical disk
The update just got corrupt. You have to keep unplugging the system and restarting or get a disc with an update like you did. The guy who told me about the wii ioses being installed on vwii must have been wrong since you update before with them installed.

D

Deletedmember331810

It is indeed IOS. Would you like me to help you fix it? This is a very easy fix with anytitledeleter...

PM me if you want me to help you fix the issue.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It is indeed IOS. Would you like me to help you fix it? This is a very easy fix with anytitledeleter...

PM me if you want me to help you fix the issue.
That doesn't make any sense. A vIOS shouldn't prevent you from updating on the Wii U side.

Also, why the top secret solution?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
<snip>

I do speak German and I read that forum post, that you linked here... It is about a guy, who bought a used WiiU and the previous owner messed up and installed Wii IOSes into vWii and those made the update download stop at 30%, so yes in this case it was an IOS problem, because someone was dumb enough to install Wii IOSes into vWii, but those are rare occasions.
Most of the time it's just an internet connection or router problem and in this case the before mentioned solutions of the topic creator might solve the problem, no need to start deleting IOSes in that case... messing with them might brick your vWii faster then you could say Jack Robinson

josernet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
then the possible solution to this problem is to bring your home WiiU your neighbor's cousin and download the update from home

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
<snip>
We do understand, that you had messed up IOSes and those were the cause for your error message, however this, reportedly, doesnt seem to be the case for everybody, that's all that I said.
<snip>

R_Neto86

Newcomer
Trophies
São Gonçalo do Amarante, Rio Grande do Norte
XP
Country
Brazil
My problem was not solved with this tutorial, because it has as I enter the vWii always stays up forever and I can only take off taking the energy, someone has seen another solution that can update the game disc does anyone know the Wii U say which game disc comes to upgrade to version 4.0.0.2U because I'm still in the online mode 4.0.0.0U not always mark when 30% of the console error 162-0002 and restarts the console ... someone would have a solution?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.