Error 005-5999 during System Transfer

fli_guy84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
PXL_20211015_013935556.jpg

EDIT: Solved the issue. Seems like there was an NNID linked to the source N3DS. I unlinked it and System Transfer was completed.

EDIT #2: Issue solved. The issue was actually due to NAND restore. I restored the Source N3DS with its original NAND backup and I managed to finish the System Transfer. Now, my JPN 3DS can access US eShop. Previously, I had used the generic JPN CTRNAND image to restore my 3DS back to JPN region before performing the System Transfer. Obviously, this wouldn't work.

TL;DR: Restore region using ORIGINAL NAND backup before performing System Transfer.

I get this error at Step 5/5 during System Transfer. The Japanese text is basically summarized as "Please wait for a while and try again. If the symptoms do not go away, please contact Nintendo."

I have tried 4 times within 2 hours and still get the same results. Below are the details of the consoles:

Source N3DS:
  • JP region with CFW
  • Has been changed to US region before by CTR Transfer, but changed back to JP region for System Transfer
  • Can access Japan eShop
  • Has been used as a Receiver of System Transfer
  • Has been formatted prior to System Transfer
Receiver N3DS:
  • Stock JP region (no CFW)
  • Can access Japan eShop
  • Has been formatted prior to System Transfer
Does anyone know how can I solve this?

Last edited by fli_guy84,

fli_guy84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ever find out anything? I have the same issue.
Sorry for the late reply.

I've figured it out. For the source 3DS (the one I want to region change), I didn't restore its original JPN NAND backup before doing the System Transfer. Instead, I just used the generic JPN CTRNAND image.

After restoring the source 3DS NAND using the original NAND backup, I was able to finish the System Transfer. Now my JPN 3DS can access US eShop after performing region change.

tronsonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fwiw I was getting this same error code and the only way for me to fix it was to go to eShop settings, and somewhere there was an option to delete all shop history, then it had me enter the system's serial number and confirm. after that the system transfer worked fine. just wanted to share in case anyone else is struggling with this.

Reactions: fli_guy84

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.