Hardware Error 003

opac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a wii in China from an eletronics store, went back to Denmark and updated and bricked with 003.

Is there any news on this?

bdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my Wii was bricked by Nintendo about two weeks ago.

It's a Korean model which Nintendo in the USA will NOT even fix if I begged them to pay for it even.
yes, I called them & begged.

it updated to 4.2 & after that it shows error:003 unauthorized device has been detected

I can't get into it using the pre-loader (holding reset on power on)

I can't get in using a gamecube controller in port 4 holding all the directional buttons....
it's actually a controller from GameStop, but designed for GameCube
I had to take it almost completely apart to be able to press all those buttons at once.

I consider putting in a mod chip, Drivekey, Wasabi DX, or WiiKey Fusion
mine is the newer D3/D2Nothing (D3-2) type drive

will any of these mod chips or a flatmii/flatmod or SaveMii help me to recover my bricked Wii ?

Snahrck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude, you and all others with this error should sue Nintendo for that. It doesn't matter if your console was modified or not. Once Nintendo decided to update it, if something strange was detected they should just stop and let it the way it was. They could even say that it was out of warranty from now due to 'unalthorized' modification, but never brick it! It was your property in your house damaged on purpose by Nintendo. So sue them!

I think Nintendo is testing us. First they start bricking region converted wiis, after those which can play backups, what next? brick if HBC or any "unauthorized' title is found?

It is just like if MS decide to make Windows to stop booting because it found you are using Firefox and OpenOffice insted of Internet Explorer and MS Office. That's is insane!
What would you do if, let's say, Sony, knock your door and offer you to "update' your TV for free, and once they found that something was modified inside it, they brick it and leave your home saying you did something unauthorized with your property???

While in my opinion they should at least fix it for free, some users are saying that the are REFUSING to fix it even if they pay for that. That's unacceptable!
If you want to understand what pass through Nintendo's mind, I point you to this article: http://hackmii.com/2009/04/warranty/

We must do something against this position.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Snahrck said:
Dude, you and all others with this error should sue Nintendo for that. It doesn't matter if your console was modified or not. Once Nintendo decided to update it, if something strange was detected they should just stop and let it the way it was. They could even say that it was out of warranty from now due to 'unalthorized' modification, but never brick it! It was your property in your house damaged on purpose by Nintendo. So sue them!

I think Nintendo is testing us. First they start bricking region converted wiis, after those which can play backups, what next? brick if HBC or any "unauthorized' title is found?

It is just like if MS decide to make Windows to stop booting because it found you are using Firefox and OpenOffice insted of Internet Explorer and MS Office. That's is insane!
What would you do if, let's say, Sony, knock your door and offer you to "update' your TV for free, and once they found that something was modified inside it, they brick it and leave your home saying you did something unauthorized with your property???

While in my opinion they should at least fix it for free, some users are saying that the are REFUSING to fix it even if they pay for that. That's unacceptable!
If you want to understand what pass through Nintendo's mind, I point you to this article: http://hackmii.com/2009/04/warranty/

not entiraly true, in nintendos terms and conditions they are saying that it is illegal to modify your console therfore there is nothing that can be done, i know where you are getting at though.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Snahrck
The Wii's were bought in Korea, so you need to go to Korea and start the sue there, don't think you can do much if you're not a Korean citizen tho

They could if they want, there has been tons of warnings against homebrew, read the EULA and you'll see, this is the first time they have act

1st - MS don't have the same EULA as Nintendo, but if they decide to change it on a newer Windows, then so be it, altough someone will come out with a newer OS and steal the market for them
2nd - If SONY knock on your door and you let them enter in to your house knowing that you've altered the equipment and that it is against their EULA, then you are an "ASSHOLE"..!!
wtf.gif

While in my opinion they should at least fix it for free, some users are saying that they are REFUSING to fix it even if they pay for that. That's unacceptable!
If you want to understand what pass through Nintendo's mind, I point you to this article: /warranty/

If you wanted fixed for free, you need 2 things:
Be within the period of warranty and send it to Nintendo Korea, why would I fix something made from someone else, the fact that Nintendo exist everywhere, doesn't mean they are all the same, each country have their own laws and taxes, so Nintendo can not function the same on every country, got that..??
wink.gif

yeah.......stop buying their stuff, I'll bet they are gonna get pretty mad about you leaving their market...!!
sad.gif

bdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw on another forum where I guy was trying to recover his bricked 003 Error Korean Wii & even though he could get to the recover screen using a gamecube controller in port 4 he was not able to un-brick it.

I never even got to the recovery screen, but I think it was because I was using a knock-off GameStop controller & not an original Nintendo GC controller.

I finally gave up & paid $115 to trade in my console for a used one with 4.0u system menu
after quite a lot of research on the net I upgraded the system menu to 4.1u & also installed bootmii & the homebrew channel from which I was then able to install Gecko 1.92 & NeoGamma 7 with which I can load my Region 3 discs w/o any trouble.

I moved the disc channel to the 2nd page in the system menu because it WILL NOT load any of my discs, even after turning on all the hacks in bootmii & in pre-loader v.30

now I can't get bootmii to run either, but I was able to back up the NAND when I first installed it with HBC.

one thing that REALLY bugs me is that if I try to download an app. using the HomeBrew browser it hangs EVERY time & I'm using a 2gb card, not a High Density card (> 2gb) since I know those sometimes cause problems.

I might try reformatting the card later, since that's how I cleared it up the last time homebrew browser was hanging.

othelpa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK
There is a Light in the far horizont
I found some solutions but there is something unresolved...
The solution says I must use a disk with autoboot SuperSmashBrosBrawl to boot Wii from Savemiifrii, And using smashstack and after a couple of actions load the 4.1 sysmenu on that...
the unresolved case is SuperSmashBrosBrawl does autoboot in pal version only... And the SmashStack works only on NTSC/us version....

I wonder is there any way to boot an somehow modded SuperSmashBrosBrawl that says to drive it's PAL and make saves of stages alike an US version???

opac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I have done (but haven't been able to test yet sadly) is download the NTSC version of SSBB and then make it autobootable with Wii Bootmee and then see if it will boot from Savemiifrii (Rescue Menu) and then load the smashstack exploit and use AnyRegionChanger to unbrick it.

Sadly I only had one dual layer dvd left for burning and the burning failed and my new DVDs just arrived at the post office today

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe the solution to Error 003 brick is to install IOS60v6147 as IOS70. You see, the check is in IOS70, if you have IOS60 in its place, the check is never carried out. If you have the Error 003 brick, you'll need a method to run homebrew and a trucha bugged IOS to fix it. NOTE: This is not definetly the solution, but I think it should work.

Snahrck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
jalaneme said:
not entiraly true, in nintendos terms and conditions they are saying that it is illegal to modify your console therfore there is nothing that can be done, i know where you are getting at though.

Ok, I see your and ether2802 points. But I have to remember that not everything that is in EULA is legal everywhere. For instance, several software developers state that is illegal to make a backup of your software, but it does not apply everywhere. There are several countries where it is legal. In this case, even if Nintendo clearly stated in EULA that they could deactivate or destroy your equipment if they think you modify it, this will be illegal at several places.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
bdw said:
I finally gave up & paid $115 to trade in my console for a used one with 4.0u system menu
What? That's pretty nasty to trade in a console you know isn't working.

Anyway, to the people who are flipping out because an update messed up their Wii....

You're doing modifications to the system Nintendo can't support and won't support. You're complaining because they won't support you region swapping your Wiis. Why should they support this?

It isn't like Windows not booting if Firefox is detected, it's more like you modifying Windows then complaining when it doesn't boot. I'm sorry it happened to ya, but think for a moment people. It's the risk we take when we modify the system in such a way. Granted, if you bought it region modded and didn't know it's not really your fault, but it's not like they should have to make special updates for region modded Wiis, or that they can even TEST the updates on different configurations of modded Wiis to make sure they work.

Snahrck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
9th_Sage said:
You're doing modifications to the system Nintendo can't support and won't support. You're complaining because they won't support you region swapping your Wiis. Why should they support this?

It isn't like Windows not booting if Firefox is detected, it's more like you modifying Windows then complaining when it doesn't boot. I'm sorry it happened to ya, but think for a moment people. It's the risk we take when we modify the system in such a way. Granted, if you bought it region modded and didn't know it's not really your fault, but it's not like they should have to make special updates for region modded Wiis, or that they can even TEST the updates on different configurations of modded Wiis to make sure they work.

It is not just a matter of supporting modified consoles. By now it is pretty clear that they did it on purpose. The code that causes the error is exposed in other threads and websites. They check to see if it is region changed and brick it. (Remember the error message? "Unauthorized device has been detected"). And inside an update that brings nothing else than pain for many customers, even some that never modified their consoles (Remember boot2 write problem foreseen by Bushing?). So as I said before. If you won't to support it don't touch it, just leave the way it is. And just to clarify my motivation: It didn't happen to me. My wii is USA and is working fine. I'm not motivated for having lost my money. I just think they were very evil on this move, and I'm worried with those who bought their wiis without even knowing what "mod" means. I bought my wii in a so called "reputable" store and it came with a mysterious "backup launcher" channel installed on it, But, using backups of games you own is legal in my country.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof