Error 001?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by theeboredone, Jan 27, 2010.

Jan 27, 2010

Error 001? by theeboredone at 7:16 AM (1,073 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. theeboredone
    OP

Newcomer theeboredone Member

United States
    Prior to burning NMH2 and Tatsunoko for the US, I had Neogamma R7, Rev 14. Games that I played on it would work and I would have no problems. However, those two games didn't work, and I received the "error 001: unauthorized device detected" message. So I upgraded to Neogamma R8, Beta 17, Rev 17, and I got the same thing. Happened again when I did Neogamma RC1, Rev 17. I decided to downgrade back to R7, Rev 14, but that doesn't work with my old games either! I don't even know what's going on anymore.

This isn't my wii, but my friends. He bought it from someone and it apparently has an "unknown" modchip inside it. So maybe that could be the problem? In any case, the wii is currently being run as 4.2U, updated properly with the trucha bug restore fix and everything.

How do I fix this?

2. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    time to pop the lid on that and check what is installed
    or you could just switch to usb loaders

3. theeboredone
    OP

United States
    Well, I'm not much of a tech kinda person, and really don't wanna risk anything in regards to opening up the wii. Would USB loading avoid anything that has to do with the modchip?

I still find it weird that this error is popping up all of a sudden when it never had before.

4. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    that error is unauthorized device i think, but if you were to use usb you can avoice the error and not worry about your life on the wii lens or burning games again

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Disable the modchip, update the modchip, patch 001 manually(Generic Wii Patcher) or use a cIOS that is 001-compatible with crappy modchips(cIOSrev13a or rev7).

6. theeboredone
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.