Hacking Error #001, Brawl, huh?

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
enriqueiglesias, what was the way of deleting the dupe channels? i believe you posted on wiinewz a untested method...i would be willing to try it.

Taiwanese Ritek is usually well regarded on their single layer discs, an OK-TO-GOOD on their DL media. Of course, that will also depend on your burner and the reader that you are going to put your disc on. But I'd say they are a 6.5 out of 10. Keep in mind that there are PLENTY of media in the market that I would give a 2 out of 10 and none that I would give a 10 out of 10.

So anyway, the method to erase the duplicated channels doesn't seem to work and was based on this information by Nintendo:

Delete Usage Formatting Procedure

They say:

QUOTE2) Format the Wii System Memory
This option is used to delete ALL Channels and ALL save data that have been added to the Wii console and will wipe the system memory clean, as it was when purchased new. Please note that if you also have a Wii Shop Account, that data should be deleted first (click here for instructions).

But they seem to mean all the optional channels that you created, rather than the "hardwired" main channels that already appear when you get the wii (and that includes the weather and news, even if two copies, I guess).

Also, some people found a "maintenace mode" which you access by pressing the + and - and "A" buttons simultaneosly on the wiimote when you first turn on the wii and are presented with the white health warning screen that prompts you to press A to continue.

Some rumor said that if you put your wii in this mode and then wiped all your data (store info also, etc) with a format, it fixed duplicated channels.

I have yet to see proof and don't think it works, but some have said so (trolls?
smile.gif
)

What I would like to know for sure is if upgrading to higher firmware revision does erase the channels. Some people have said "no", so I also doubt it will work.

So as far as I know, the duplicated channels are stuck forever and there is no way to get rid of them.

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mehhh no biggie for me really, i don't care about them i forgot them already. I'm just wondering if there was some unknown damage done to the wii, but logic insists that there cant be, because a newer update for the same game would overwrite the changes done by the brawl one...just logic though. I doubt the dupes will be erased.

Seraph, the advantage is that the 215bk is a SATA drive, versus the IDE of the 115. Apart from this, they are almost the same. Thats why i recommended it. If you have some evidence that the 115 is good for X360 burns, then definitely go with that one. The SATA was a big factor for me, since most newer motherboards depend entirely on SATA.

Peace.

Fish on a Stick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Console: PAL Wii 3.1e
Modchip: Wiikey
Wiikey Firmware: 1.9g
Media: Verbatim DVD+R DL
Burner: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S
Burning program: IMG Burn
Speed: 2.4x

It works baby.

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice fish on a stick, nice.

I think that we have reached a conclusion.

to avoid error 001 with SSBB, you must use high quality DL media along with a new and high quality Dual Layer dvd burner. This also seems to avoid disc read errors and freezes during the game.

Now i really hope we can use the same burner + media combinations for future DL wii titles!

Harry.

chrisgcox3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have a wiikey,i did the update disc, now i get duplicate channels, i try to run the smash disc, the menu comes up at the game channel but when i press start to load the game i get the messege error1 unautorised device detected, and it wont work,

also i try to go into the wii setting and it does not work i get a opeara help page apper instead!!!!!! please please help

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
well, I'll burn the game tonight, and I'd want to know if my burner will be good enough. It's included in my laptop (already checked its DL compatibility) and it's from the end of 2006...

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
@chrisgcox3

Sounds like you have semi-bricked your wii, were you fully upto date before doing the update? If you are getting opera page on your wii settings, its cos you have mixed up the wii firmware PAL & Japanese, so its confused itself. You should still be able to play backups though.

If you can play SSBB DL, then try another make of disc.

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry to tell you chris, but your wii is semibricked now. I believe if you find a game from your own region with a newer update than 3.1, you will unbrick your wii.

katsuce, i really doubt that drive will be able to do this kind of job. My laptops drive was only 8 months old, and it was a pricey high model laptop at that, and it too failed...

off topic: hahaha now all i need is a new tv... wait for that tax return you guys reckon? which one is good, im looking for a 46inch plus atm...good brand too...

blindmessiah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Today I bought new burner 212bk couse my LiteOn have 4 years old.

First copy no BrickBlocker on rubbish Platinum for 15% trick
Second copy with BB+RegionFrii on Verbatim DVD+R DL (India)
Both with 2.4 speed
(Pioneer 212bk)
After succesful trick I put BBlocker version.
Later on save procedure I got white screen with green katakana!
Is this error?
Damn! :/

sebmat

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello,
If you have a 001 error when booting from Smash.
They must:
Boot with the copy 1 layer (4.5gb) of Smash
And at the indroduction ejecting the disk (4.5gb) and replace it with that of 8.5 (dual layer).
And the game resumed correctly.

Bye.

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
If you have a 001 error when booting from Smash.
They must:
Boot with the copy 1 layer (4.5gb) of Smash
And at the indroduction ejecting the disk (4.5gb) and replace it with that of 8.5 (dual layer).
And the game resumed correctly.

Bye.

This is not quite so, and you will get errors later on in the game (on the videos and other places). If your DVD9 disc doesn't boot straight away, your burner/meida combination has produced a copy that the wii can not read properly (well, the second layer, anyway). Just try burning the game on a friend's or neighbour's (hopefully newer) burner on quality media (tdk, verbatim, memorex) at 2.4x or 4x speeds. Done.

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's happening to a few other people even with other modchips.

My suggestions: first give as much information as possible on your wii to see if we can reach a conclusion.

1-Let us know if it's a D2A, D2B or DMS, with or without cut pins.
2-Let us know what region and firmware version you had before trying to play the game (i.e. PAL 3.1e) and what you have now.
3-Let us know the types of media you have tried this game on. Please, try at least two different types of media before reporting. (I.e. Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x and TDK DVD-R DL 4X).
4-Let us know the recording software and booktype used (if any) and the burner used. (i.e. imgburn, dvdbooktype set to dvd-rom, lg 233 burner).
5-Of course, the type of chip you have and firmware revision used. (i.e. wiikey 1.9g)
6-If you had region override turned on or off and whether you've already tried changing it.
7-Whether you used regionfrii'd or not.
8-Whether you can play backups of super mario galaxy just fine.
9-Whether you've been able to test if your burnt DL copy of the game works just fine on a friend's console.
10-How you performed the required ssbb update procedure (if you let it complete 100% or if you stopped it at 15%)
11-How the game reacted the next time you tried to play the brick blocked version while doing a 15% install. Did it ask to run the upgrade again?

The only thing i can think so far is that you people with this problem may have in common this: you did the 15% update trick with the DVD5. Then, eventually, you tried a DVD9 version of the game but neglected to brick-block it, so the game asked you to run the update again. Not sure what you did after that, but I guess you either let it run or aborted it at 15% a second time. This seems to screw some people up. Not sure, just speculating.

Also, a large number of people with this problem reports to be using DVD-R DL media, so perhaps some burner/media/recording software combination produces a weird "booktype" that the wiikey doesn't properly "lie about" to the wii when it queries with the "galaxy" protection. But some people claim this problem with DVD+R DL media too, so who knows. True is, DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL do have different number of sectors and the DVD+R DL type is automatically set by some recoders/recording software to booktype DVD-ROM, while it doesn't on others. But then again, some people claim success with DVD-R DL media too ... so go figure.
same problem 2 heres my info
1launch wii
2ntsc-u 3.0u
3memorex dvd+r dl(i can do the swap trick fine with all of my burns just wont load up)
4nero 6 ultra
6 tried both ways and tried changing read speeds.
7 made 3 copies one with regionfrii one without the 3rd copy i did with regionfrii but i used nero classic
8smg loaded rite up
9no but like i said i can load up my dvd 5 ver. of the game and swap in any of my dl and play allnight
10 15% trick only did it once with the dvd5
11 after 15% trick was done loaded rite up with the brickblock dvd 5
(done befor dvd9 ver was released

one note. one time i got the dvd dl to load up and it gave me a white screen with green writting so i rest my wii thinking it was the bug that was shipped with the real coppies
anyway i restarted didnt take my disk out and tried to load again... loaded up and i played for 3hrs .. went to bed turned on my wii the next day .. didnt touch the disk and i got error 001!!! im gong f*ing nuts lol

im dl a new ver. of nero .. but i dont think it will work because whenever i use any ver. of nero beside ultra6 with the reg dvd 5 games about 50% work so i dont know wtf is up lol any ideas i would love.
but i dont think its media because of the fact that once i load up with the dvd 5 ver. i can swap in any of my dl burns and it will run jsut fine!

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ahh ha!!!!!"the loaded disc in not registered in the drive's write strategy list.
if you use the diec for writting, the quality might be worse than using a registerd one."

i just loaded up a new ver. of nero (ultra 8) and i got that error it must be the drive 100% huh?

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ahh ha!!!!!"the loaded disc in not registered in the drive's write strategy list.
if you use the diec for writting, the quality might be worse than using a registerd one."

i just loaded up a new ver. of nero (ultra 8) and i got that error it must be the drive 100% huh?

Pretty much. What that means, is that your drive doesn't have the type (brand/model) of blank media that you are trying to record "listed", meaning the drive is not sure how to write to it (right), so your drive is just gonna guess how to write to it, an make a piss-poor job about it. This is because that media formulation, as good or as bad as it may be, that is unknown and irrelevant at this point, was invented AFTER the burner was designed/manufactured. Therefore, the burner just doesn't know how to properly handle such media and just "wild-guesses", usually with fairly bad results.

You could fix that two ways:
-finding a brand/model of blank media that is listed in your drive's firmware (usually older type of slower good quality media) -- this is just try-and-miss
-updating your burner's firmware (search on your burner's manufacturer support page). New firmware's could have more media types listed in their writing strategy tables.

But to make a long story short, you are just better off getting yourself a new, modern, good burner that can write (right) to many types of current media for $35 and be done with it.

But, of course, your burner is only about 70% of the equation ... then you have to pair-up a good burner with good media ... that's 25% part of the equation and then the other 5% is to pair-up this burnt disc with the reader's ability (in this case, your wii's DVD drive reading abilities), which may also "suck" and you may need to "clean your wii's lenses", adjust its laser power, and that sort of thing.

But all this is far-fetched ... as i've said before, 99% of people are just going to be fine as soon as they find a burner/media combination that works with their Wii's. But altough it's easier to try two-or-three different brands of discs when you are having problems, the "key factor" on this is the burner, even more than the media. But of course, one can not freely recommend to try "two-or-three different brands of burners" first and, if the media you are using sucks, it may just as well suck in all three burners ...

All this not factoring in that the recording speed also affects the quality of the burns, but I've already mentioned the general guidelines elsewhere above, which, in short, limits your options to 2.4x on older burner/media and 4X on newer burners/media as a good, general starting point.

And again, all of you with problems with the dual layer discs, PLEASE try AT LEAST two different types of quality brand media, on TWO DIFFERENT BURNERS (borrow one, if needed), recording at 2.4x and 4x speeds, before you start suspecting anything else. You have little to lose trying, right? Hopefully you won't be that 1% whose problem is something else
wink.gif

And laptop burners usually suck. Period.

Sorry but there is just not a simple advice to give, as no burners currently manufactured are "The best above all the rest for all media" and no media is "The best and works fine for all burners". So only generic advice can be given that work 80% of the time when we mention brands like Pioneer, Verbatim, TDK, Memorex, Taiyo Yuden, Samsung. Those are just "safer than average" bets, but you could run into a particular model of combination that sucks worse than el-cheapo-brand.

Such is the case with the (Panasonic owned) Verbatim brand. Up until recently they could be widely recommended, as both their models' of blank dual layer +r media, the 2,4x-6x (

DeadlyFern

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I was getting this error with PAL wii Wiikey and the dvd5 rip. I thought I was going insane but what cured it was updating to wiikey 1.9g. Worth checking if you bought galaxy like I did. As you would have had no need to be on that version.

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Pretty much. What that means, is that your drive doesn't have the type (brand/model) of blank media that you are trying to record "listed", meaning the drive is not sure how to write to it (right), so your drive is just gonna guess how to write to it, an make a piss-poor job about it. This is because that media formulation, as good or as bad as it may be, that is unknown and irrelevant at this point, was invented AFTER the burner was designed/manufactured. Therefore, the burner just doesn't know how to properly handle such media and just "wild-guesses", usually with fairly bad results.

You could fix that two ways:
-finding a brand/model of blank media that is listed in your drive's firmware (usually older type of slower good quality media) -- this is just try-and-miss
-updating your burner's firmware (search on your burner's manufacturer support page). New firmware's could have more media types listed in their writing strategy tables.

But to make a long story short, you are just better off getting yourself a new, modern, good burner that can write (right) to many types of current media for $35 and be done with it.

But, of course, your burner is only about 70% of the equation ... then you have to pair-up a good burner with good media ... that's 25% part of the equation and then the other 5% is to pair-up this burnt disc with the reader's ability (in this case, your wii's DVD drive reading abilities), which may also "suck" and you may need to "clean your wii's lenses", adjust its laser power, and that sort of thing.

But all this is far-fetched ... as i've said before, 99% of people are just going to be fine as soon as they find a burner/media combination that works with their Wii's. But altough it's easier to try two-or-three different brands of discs when you are having problems, the "key factor" on this is the burner, even more than the media. But of course, one can not freely recommend to try "two-or-three different brands of burners" first and, if the media you are using sucks, it may just as well suck in all three burners ...

All this not factoring in that the recording speed also affects the quality of the burns, but I've already mentioned the general guidelines elsewhere above, which, in short, limits your options to 2.4x on older burner/media and 4X on newer burners/media as a good, general starting point.

And again, all of you with problems with the dual layer discs, PLEASE try AT LEAST two different types of quality brand media, on TWO DIFFERENT BURNERS (borrow one, if needed), recording at 2.4x and 4x speeds, before you start suspecting anything else. You have little to lose trying, right? Hopefully you won't be that 1% whose problem is something else
wink.gif

And laptop burners usually suck. Period.

Sorry but there is just not a simple advice to give, as no burners currently manufactured are "The best above all the rest for all media" and no media is "The best and works fine for all burners". So only generic advice can be given that work 80% of the time when we mention brands like Pioneer, Verbatim, TDK, Memorex, Taiyo Yuden, Samsung. Those are just "safer than average" bets, but you could run into a particular model of combination that sucks worse than el-cheapo-brand.

Such is the case with the (Panasonic owned) Verbatim brand. Up until recently they could be widely recommended, as both their models' of blank dual layer +r media, the 2,4x-6x (

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1