Er, help please.

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Waddle Dee, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Waddle Dee
    OP

Waddle Dee GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    ... A computer desk?
    Well, I've never EVER done coding except for HTML before, but I've always wanted to make a DS Homebrew game... so, how the hell is it done?

I may not have ever done coding, but I DO know the laws of the video game coding (geometry setting, collision setting, triggers, etc.)

I've just been really wanting to make a GOOD FPS game on the DS... maybe even a third person shooter - maybe I could use Doom's engine or something?

Thanks.

2. Twiggy12

Twiggy12 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2008
    Aussie land (Australia)
    PaLib is ur friend

3. Waddle Dee
    OP

Waddle Dee GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    ... A computer desk?
    yes, but, what I mean is, can someone reccomend tutorials or something to help me? C++ is freaking programmer's code, I need something good to help me.

4. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    There seem to be numerous C++ tutorials available online for free.

Give them a try. I learned a lot about HTML from such tutorials, but I haven't yet expanded into this particular language, so I cannot vouch for any particular one.

5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    How do you plan to program a game without a programming language? If you're expecting drag-and-drop, you're going to be disappointed.

Also, this topic is only a few topics down as I write this. Please do at least a basic search before you post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice