Epub reader

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by grayfoxpt, Apr 7, 2009.

1. grayfoxpt
    OP

grayfoxpt Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2009
    Hello guys. I'd like to read my epub books on my DS but from what i see there is no direct way to do it. I've looked a litle into the DS developing tools and ePub format and it doesn't seem to be that difficult to create a homebrew that does just that. So, i'm willing to put the effort into it but only if i see that it would be useful for others.
    In that regard I would like to know your opinions/suggestions.

PS: it would include also txt reading of course.

2. Dragonmasta666

Dragonmasta666 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2009
    United States
    I would be much appreciative. Would there be any way of getting .lit files working as well? Thats a popular file extension and its a chore to reencode them all into .rtf to read on the DS.

3. grayfoxpt
    OP

grayfoxpt Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2009
    .lit seems a little bit more complicated and i don't know about licensing!
    I guess no one else reads, or they're just happy with DSread (which i love) [​IMG] !

4. valyr

valyr GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i use dsreader too but would prefer something that would read txt files sideways on like dslibris but without the need to re-encode everything i also have lots of epubs on my pc that i would like to read but re-encoding them to txt is a slow process

5. grayfoxpt
    OP

grayfoxpt Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2009
    i am planning to include top to bottom view and sideways view, i will start working on it this weekend.
    anyway, for txt books you have readmore which works sideways.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice