Epoxy Odds?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by mysticwaterfall, Feb 2, 2009.

Feb 2, 2009

Epoxy Odds? by mysticwaterfall at 2:00 AM (949 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. mysticwaterfall
    OP

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    Well, my Wii Drive is on it's last legs (won't even load legit zelda and dies after a few mins of legit brawl) so I'm biting the bullet and sending it in for repair on Wed. What are my odds of getting epoxy? *crossing fingers*

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Consider perhaps a flatmii or one of the similar devices (some appear to be able to load from the drive).

As for odds I am not sure if they will replace the drive or what, epoxy/unpotting is not that difficult anyway.

3. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Get a drivekey.

http://www.drivekey.com/

This thing is beautiful. It goes in between the ribbon cable from the wii and the clip connector on the drive. you should check it out.

4. mysticwaterfall
    OP

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    I already have a clipped d2pro I took off of my old drive, so I'm probably just going to stick with that, even though the flatmii would be appealing if I had the money for an external drive as well, as I'm chronically out of space.

After looking around a bit, I'm thinking about just ordering a drive from modchipcentral for 80$ since nintendo is going to charge me 75 anyways...

EDIT: I just went ahead with modchipcentral. A little more with the shipping, but at least this way I don't have to worry over my d2pro being useless.

5. sleestax

Newcomer sleestax Member

United States
    http://www.wiidrives.com/list

will give you some odds if you enter your serial number.

EDIT: I just realized that you weren't asking the question I thought you were. I doubt they'd send it back with epoxy. As far as I've heard, the black goo happens at the manufacturer.