eos vs internal

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Lunchbox7985, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Lunchbox7985
    OP

Lunchbox7985 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    im running a dstwo plus, with bagplug, on a ds lite. when i launch a ds game i get two options "internal" and "eos"

so in the FAQ section of the dstwo thread it says this

so on the one hand im thinking that it would be more efficient to run it on internal mode, because it will run the game without running the os, thus freeing up resources.

on the other hand, running it in eos mode gives you the benefit of the updates that come with the eos that you downloaded, thus increasing compatibility.

fact is, those are both no more than a stab in the dark, and this "answer" isnt really that informative.

so whats the difference between these two. i usually launch my ds games as internal since its the first option, ive done eos a couple times randomly, but i havent seen any games NOT work on either of them?

if one is almost always better, or if there is no difference then im just going to delete the other from my arg file so launching a game requires one less button press.

thanks.

2. Lunchbox7985
    OP

Lunchbox7985 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    bump

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i have a dstwo, how can you choose where it loads from? never noticed you could change this kind of stuff

nvm, BAGPLUG.. i didn't know there was another interface...

what are the differences? isn't EOS better (and more updated?)

Last edited by migles, Sep 6, 2016
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I think that's a BAGPlug option and it has nothing to do with the FAQ you mentioned, it's just running it with BAGPlug directly vs. running it through EOS. I assume the EOS method has better compatibility.

5. Lunchbox7985
    OP

Lunchbox7985 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    yaa, i guess i didnt realize it since ive been using bagplug since i got the thing (wanted cover art), but there are .arg files which determine what plugin launches for a given file type, and the one for .nds files had 2 options. one just says "internal" the other specifically runs the rom with "DSGAME.nds"

dsgame.nds is not specific to bagplug right? what is it exactly

6. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    If you care about cheats, real time save, in game guide, etc, or if it crashes with internal, use EOS. Otherwise, use internal.