Hacking EOS SD speed setting to microSD Class?

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Since the DSONE EOS doesn't have the ability to auto-set the SD speed I was wondering if there's a recommended speed to set microSDs at by their Class?

For example my Kingston 2GB microSD is Class 6 that's set at 3x Speed right now. Should I set this higher to maybe 4x or even Fast?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure myself. I think you're right in what you think it is, but I've never really quite understood it. It's probably best to set it as high as your card can work with it set.

Blackout

OP
Trophies
Website
geekllife.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
9th_Sage said:
I'm not 100% sure myself. I think you're right in what you think it is, but I've never really quite understood it. It's probably best to set it as high as your card can work with it set.

That's just the thing. It will work on Fast but I don't understand what the speed setting is for because I see no noticeable difference between 3x and Fast.

I know that higher speeds allow certain games to play better (i.e. Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Castlevania: POR) but that's just about read speed I assume?

I guess the other thing that concerns me is that would a higher speed wear out the microSD faster from too many read/writes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: