Hacking Enhanced Menu freezes CycloDS Evolution after 1.51 firmware update

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated from firmware version 1.5 to 1.51 earlier tonight. When I loaded a game and pressed L+R+X+A+B+Y to access the Enhanced Menu (and load my Real-Time Save), my DS froze with dual white screens.

I tried downgrading to version 1.5, but am still having the same problem.

I can still play ROMs normally, but can't access Real-Time Save or Text Reader features nor can I change the brightness mid-game.

If anyone could please help, I'd very much appreciate it.

EDIT: I also tried changing the skin back to the default and even deleting my CycloDS subdirectory on my microSD card so the Evo would re-create the directory. Still having the same problem.

frown.gif

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
So this happens on every game?Yes, it happens on every game.

Sir-Fritz said:
Tried moving all the dat off the microsd card, formatting and movig it back?If it comes to that, I will, but I have over 1GB of data on the card and was hoping someone could offer a quicker/easier solution.

I'm not sure if this will help, but here's a copy of my config.xml file:
CODE

ÂÂÂÂ1.5
ÂÂÂÂ2
ÂÂÂÂ0
ÂÂÂÂ0
ÂÂÂÂ/V-CASTLE.NDS
ÂÂÂÂDefault
ÂÂÂÂ0
ÂÂÂÂ0
ÂÂÂÂ0
ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ/SAVES
ÂÂÂÂ/TEXT
ÂÂÂÂ/GBA_SAVE
ÂÂÂÂ1
ÂÂÂÂ0
ÂÂÂÂ1

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got it working again and I think I know how.

I had downloaded a large FAQ from GameFAQs, processed it using LineBreaker, renamed the .txt file to match my ROM (ROM was romname.nds, FAQ was romname.txt), and copied the renamed text file to my microSD card. I should mention that the text file was over 600K.

Once I deleted the .txt file from my microSD card, everything started working again.

Thanks to everyone on the forums and in IRC who offered suggestions on how to fix the problem!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.