Enhanced Menu freezes CycloDS Evolution after 1.51 firmware update

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by sYndrome13, Nov 28, 2008.

1. sYndrome13
    OP

Member sYndrome13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I updated from firmware version 1.5 to 1.51 earlier tonight. When I loaded a game and pressed L+R+X+A+B+Y to access the Enhanced Menu (and load my Real-Time Save), my DS froze with dual white screens.

I tried downgrading to version 1.5, but am still having the same problem.

I can still play ROMs normally, but can't access Real-Time Save or Text Reader features nor can I change the brightness mid-game.

If anyone could please help, I'd very much appreciate it.

EDIT: I also tried changing the skin back to the default and even deleting my CycloDS subdirectory on my microSD card so the Evo would re-create the directory. Still having the same problem.

[​IMG]

2. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    So this happens on every game? Tried moving all the dat off the microsd card, formatting and movig it back?

3. sYndrome13
    OP

United States

4. sYndrome13
    OP

United States
    Okay, I got it working again and I think I know how.

I had downloaded a large FAQ from GameFAQs, processed it using LineBreaker, renamed the .txt file to match my ROM (ROM was romname.nds, FAQ was romname.txt), and copied the renamed text file to my microSD card. I should mention that the text file was over 600K.

Once I deleted the .txt file from my microSD card, everything started working again.

Thanks to everyone on the forums and in IRC who offered suggestions on how to fix the problem!