endrypt advanced error

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by kira1000, Jan 8, 2011.

Jan 8, 2011

endrypt advanced error by kira1000 at 12:52 AM (1,720 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. kira1000
    OP

Newcomer kira1000 Advanced Member

Australia
    Hello, I am having a major problem with endrypt advanced. When I load it up to use the strange journey fix and press 1 or 5 it says that there is a runtime error. Is there any way around this problem since I have the real game but dumped it to use on no$gba (screen to small on regular DS and DSIXL is region locked so any help would be appreciated.
    Any help would be appreciated
    P.S. if you are wondering why I have the game, some DS titles are ok others are too small for me to read the text.

2. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm quite certain that modern dumping tools produce an unencrypted ROM; therefore no need to mess with in in eNDryptS. What tool are you using? It's worth a try loading it in no$gba.

3. kira1000
    OP

Australia
    if you would have read my post properly, you would have noticed that the reason is so I can fix the save bug in shin megami tensei strange journey FOR NO$GBA. When I save it says rom image crashed, it also messes up when I try to use the EX features in zoomer in cutscenes to remove the glitchiness and stuttering and text glitches ingame.
    P.S. yes, on another forum it said to use endrypt to fix the save glitch in case you ask.
    READ ANY POST FULLY BEFORE ANSWERING (not yelling but am simply saying for futrue posters.)

4. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    To get this straight:

You are trying to encrypt the file so that it can be properly run through BIOS on No$Zoomer. Yes?

5. kira1000
    OP

Australia
    yes, I am trying to encrypt so I can remove the save problem but whenever I use endrypt it says runtime error and closes.

6. kira1000
    OP

Australia
    yes, I am trying to encrypt so I can remove the save problem but whenever I use endrypt it says runtime error and closes.

7. kira1000
    OP

Australia

8. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Have you tried getting another file for the game and trying it again? Your dump could potentially be damaged.

On another note, you should try redownloading the latest version of the encrypting program (I forget the exact name), and trying again. Make sure you don't have too much running in the background too. It may have issues if you have tons of things open on your computer.

9. kira1000
    OP

Australia
    I tried dumping the game again and still no results. Whenever I try to save the game crashes in no$gba and I do not have a lot running on my system at all.

10. SegNin

Newcomer SegNin Member