Homebrew Enable Gyro in BOTW Nintendo switch without joycons connected.

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any homebrew or method to enable gyroscope on Nintendo switch without joycons.
I used a controller like hori split pad. But it hasn’t gyroscope feature.
So I heard the Nintendo switch tablet itself has gyroscope built-in and works without joycons attached. Some shrines in Zelda breath of the wild has missions that require a gyroscope.

So if there’s a way to enable gyro I’ll be grateful.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any homebrew or method to enable gyroscope on Nintendo switch without joycons.
I used a controller like hori split pad. But it hasn’t gyroscope feature.
So I heard the Nintendo switch tablet itself has gyroscope built-in and works without joycons attached. Some shrines in Zelda breath of the wild has missions that require a gyroscope.

So if there’s a way to enable gyro I’ll be grateful.
There is not any in the tablet and the gyros r only in the Joy-Cons and Switch Pro Controller

Reactions: ack and Fadi5555

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is not any in the tablet and the gyros r only in the Joy-Cons and Switch Pro Controller
There actually is gyro in the tablet, it's just not talked about much. Labo VR uses it for one, it can track your head movements even when the joycons aren't connected to the tablet. Speaking from experience.

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There actually is gyro in the tablet, it's just not talked about much. Labo VR uses it for one, it can track your head movements even when the joycons aren't connected to the tablet. Speaking from experience.
Is there any chance or homebrew to activate it?
Because I’m playing BOTW with a different controller and hope to have a gyro working to solve shrines missions.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any chance or homebrew to activate it?
Because I’m playing BOTW with a different controller and hope to have a gyro working to solve shrines missions.
I guess a sysmodule like Mission Control could potentially achieve this, reading the tablet gyro and spoofing it for the controller being used, but I know it hasn't been done so far and this is the first time I've seen it requested. Another way could be to patch the game to read the other gyro, that hasn't been done before either to my knowledge. You'd have to find a capable dev who felt like doing it, I'm sure the Mission Control guy would be up to the challenge but idk if he'd want to, couldn't hurt to ask tho.

Reactions: Fadi5555

Radawada

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, I need information if this function is now possible, I have alternative hori joycons but only in portable mode, thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night