Emunand9 doesn't open?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by hallowersv, Jun 7, 2016.

1. hallowersv
    OP

hallowersv Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    Canada
    Hey everybody, so i got a new 3ds XL and i proceeded to install a cfw and all of those things, so the n3ds was in 10.3 version (it is american) then i succesfully downgraded it to 9.2

So im following a video and the next step is to open an app in homebrew channel (emunand9) and when i try to.open it , it flashes some red colors and turn to black, and then it takes me back to the homebrew launcher. So in stuck in this part, idk if i could create the emunand thing with other app, or should i try older version...

2. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    why follow a video when you have plailects guide?

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  3. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    EmuNAND9 (and most other ARM9 homebrew) won't run in a CFW. (The red flashing and returning to HBL indicates you're trying to load EmuNAND9 after you loaded a CFW.)

Shut the system off, then enter HBL using an entry point of your choice and immediately run EmuNAND9 without loading a CFW.

EDIT: Also what @solress said - Plailect's guide (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/) is the most comprehensive and up-to-date way to downgrade, obtain the OTP, and install A9LH.

KapuDaKoopa likes this.
  4. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    You probably have a partial downgrade, which you can fix by running sysupdater again to finish the downgrade.

Also, don't use video tutorials. It's highly probable that whatever one you're watching is out of date.

5. hallowersv
    OP

hallowersv Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    Canada
    I am not currently running a CFW...

I think that what you are saying is right, because when i was downgrading from 10.3 to 9.2 with SafeSysUpdater, at the very end i got a classy message telling me that an error has ocurred, shut down blablabla, but when i powered on my 3ds it was at 9.2, so i didn't care much about it...

And how do i exactly ''finish'' the downgrade? Do i have to go to safesysupdater and Y to downgrade even though im at ''''9.2''' ??

6. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    just downgrade again, but use plailects guide from now on

7. hallowersv
    OP

hallowersv Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    Canada
    it is actually safe to press 'downgrade' even though i'm on 9.2 already? cos i don't want a brick or something like that
    btw do i need the 9.2.0 update files to do this?

8. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    yes to both

9. hallowersv
    OP

hallowersv Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2016
    Canada
    i'm ABOUT to do it, i'm really afraid of getting a brick :((( is this is REALLY safe?
    cuz i bought this 3ds just 1 week ago, i already have done all of this with an old3ds but everything worked like charm

So i basically this is what i'll do (currently with a ''partial 9.2.0 downgraded n3ds''

Start browser hax
    Start ft brony and inmediately mash B to go back to HBL
    Then start SafeSysUpdater
    And then ' Y TO DOWNGRADE '

so then ill have my full 9.2.0 n3ds ? ^^ sorry for being like this but im really worried :)

10. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Don't be worried. You're already done with the "dangerous" part of downgrading and now all you have to do is finish the job. So just do it.