Hacking emuNAND Tool - Release and Support thread

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide on MaxConsole note for note, and now all of my eshop downloads are completely missing from both my SysNAND and EmuNAND. I backed up my NAND and my SD card before formatting.

When I went to go put my "Nintendo 3DS" folder contents back into the freshly EmuNAND-formatted SD card, I noticed that the folder in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder had a different string than that of my SD card backup.
Do I need to use this tool, and how should I go about it? I had read that my EmuNAND should be exactly what my SysNAND was before, but it seems something happened in the process.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I assume I need to take my 3DS's NAND.BIN that I made and inject it into the new EmuNAND?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Will this have support for the MT Card emunand? I wan to resotre my original 9.2 FW into the emunand, 'cause my eShop downloads aren't showing anymore, and there is no way to enable the original Gatewaay emunand beforehand the procces of the MT Card.

D

Deleted User

I get a error on Windows XP SP3 when I click "Extract emuNAND",
emunandtool_1
Invalid class string, ProgID: WbemScripting.SWbemLocator
I'm using a combination USB Hub/Reader so it might be that it's on a hub, or it could be the fact I'm working with USB 1.1 on a Celeron CPU (Lol Classic XD)

Gaara4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I read every Post, but i dont find a solution for the Read failed Error= 87.
I use Windows 7 64 bit and test it with a 2GB SD card and a 4GB card.

Archadae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I extracted my emunand fine, but when Im trying to inject my nand the progress bar gets stuck at 0% and nothing happens. Any solutions?

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I extracted my emunand fine, but when Im trying to inject my nand the progress bar gets stuck at 0% and nothing happens. Any solutions?

Did you extract a GW emunand, or a CFW one? This tool can extract only GW emunand and with the CFW emunand produces a small file with no use.

Check the size of your extracted emunand.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you added the dummy sector to nandbin dragging it on "drag_emunand_here.bat" so you can inject the created CFW_NAND.bin with emunand tool?

If yes, probably you have some usb sevice conflicting with the tool. In thi case try with another PC.

Archadae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you added the dummy sector to nandbin dragging it on "drag_emunand_here.bat" so you can inject the created CFW_NAND.bin with emunand tool?

If yes, probably you have some usb sevice conflicting with the tool. In thi case try with another PC.

Im trying to find some info about drag_emunand_here.bat atm since when I run it it creates a small 1kb REDNAND.bin and the cmd window returns
Code:
Adding dummy data... please wait
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

Thx for the help nop90 and sorry for the offtop

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I made a backup of my emuNAND on 4.2 and another on 9.4.
If something goes wrong, how would I restore the emuNAND backup to emuNAND? I have a lot of people on my friends list and I don't want to have to restore to and downgrade from my 9.2 sysNAND backup and go through the whole process each time.

tl;dr
How do you use the backup?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
So I made a backup of my emuNAND on 4.2 and another on 9.4.
If something goes wrong, how would I restore the emuNAND backup to emuNAND? I have a lot of people on my friends list and I don't want to have to restore to and downgrade from my 9.2 sysNAND backup and go through the whole process each time.

tl;dr
How do you use the backup?

Umm do the reverse of what you did to do the backup maybe? :P

So instead of sticking your sd card in pc and pressing "extract xxxxxx" press the other button "inject xxxxx". :)

And your emunand will be whatever backup version you injected.

Reactions: _Chaz_

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm do the reverse of what you did to do the backup maybe? :P

So instead of sticking your sd card in pc and pressing "extract xxxxxx" press the other button "inject xxxxx". :)

And your emunand will be whatever backup version you injected.
Oh, duh. I really don't know why I had to ask now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.