Country
United States
Reactions: Just Passing By

armsWing

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SO... I extracted my emunand... and for some reason when I try to inyect it the program just stops working... any idea about this x.x?

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
It appears to me that this tool is used to back up the so-called "hidden" (emunand) partition of the SD card...(correct me if I am wrong)

But could someone explain what exact files does this tool back up?
For example, can it back up the installed cia and its save files, ticket.db, title.db, etc etc?
If not, what extra step is required to backup those files?

Sorry for the noob question. Any guidance would be much obliged.

furkan125

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey I got a big problem, I just downgraded my N3DSXL to 9.2, i want to make the A9LH, so i first need to create EMUNAND
But i cant even start the EMUNAND Homebrew in the HBL, tried every Version, nothing works, always got the same bug in this video

miki24

Trophies
XP
Country
helppp!!!! i know im so desperate.. i can't seem to understand most of this i'm lost.. well im new in 3ds hacking and i got my unit already cfw (via swapping my vita) question... i have a 64gb formatted to fat32.. 1st. i need to extract my emunand from my old 16gb card.. then what will i do?? am i just going to insert the new sd card to the card reader and then click inject emunand? pls if there is a video tut can u link it. thanks in advance

XeroOmega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
helppp!!!! i know im so desperate.. i can't seem to understand most of this i'm lost.. well im new in 3ds hacking and i got my unit already cfw (via swapping my vita) question... i have a 64gb formatted to fat32.. 1st. i need to extract my emunand from my old 16gb card.. then what will i do?? am i just going to insert the new sd card to the card reader and then click inject emunand? pls if there is a video tut can u link it. thanks in advance

step 1. extract emunand of your old card (stick old card in open program and click extract)

step 2. copy all files from old card (copy them from your card to your pc)

step 3A.format your new sd card to fat32
step 3B. insert new sdcard into 3ds and boot your exploit of choice(gateway launcher, rxtools, etc) and format emunand.

step 4. inset new sd card into pc and inject emunand to you backed up in step 1 to new sd card
step 4B. copy data from old sd to new

step 5. inset new sdcard into 3ds, enjoy

Last edited by XeroOmega,

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Using either of the options gives me this error:
ee32b490fb.png

Pressing ok brings the error again, and then another notice saying there's no sd card connected. (which it is)

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using either of the options gives me this error:
ee32b490fb.png

Pressing ok brings the error again, and then another notice saying there's no sd card connected. (which it is)
If you're copying something to be SD card or the same time or you have the SD card open in a window close it and try again, the emunand tool can't work with it because something else on your computer is using it.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
If you're copying something to be SD card or the same time or you have the SD card open in a window close it and try again, the emunand tool can't work with it because something else on your computer is using it.

I'm not copying anything, and the only explorer window open is the folder with the tool. Perhaps it's my antivirus? (bitdefender)

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did that a few hours ago, works fine, but I'm concerned with the speed times, is doing it on the pc much faster?
I've never actually used this tool, so I couldn't really tell you the speed difference. Decrypt9/Emunand9 have always worked good enough for me, but I might try this later on when my n3ds gets here :)

Reactions: Jiehfeng

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
İf we want transfer emunand and data files to new sd card can we do these method?:
1- backup and inject emunand to new sdcard with this tool
2-copy all data files to new sd card

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
İf we want transfer emunand and data files to new sd card can we do these method?:
1- backup and inject emunand to new sdcard with this tool
2-copy all data files to new sd card

Ya backup the emunand from old sd card. Tell emunan9 to complete emunand setup, it will give you the option to swap sd cards, put the new sd card and and continue. While it's doing that transfer all the stuff from the old sd card to your PC. After emunand9 is done hit the button to unmount the card(can't remember what it is), take the new sd card out of your 3ds and put it into your pc, copy all the stuff from the old sd card onto the new one. When that's done put the sd card back into your 3ds and remount the card, go to emunand options and chose inject file to emunand(iirc that's what its called) choose the backup you made and let it flash. Once it's done you can reboot and you are good to go.

Ignore the picture its to get rid of what's showing up on tapatalk. It's also fitting as this isn't the first thread I have had to post a pic in to get rid of the shit showing on tapatalk

85f2bc09cac9bc67f8926a302c78b085.jpg

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey I got a big problem, I just downgraded my N3DSXL to 9.2, i want to make the A9LH, so i first need to create EMUNAND
But i cant even start the EMUNAND Homebrew in the HBL, tried every Version, nothing works, always got the same bug in this video

your 3DS looks the native_firm has not successfully downgraded. check the native_firm version with some homebrew.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any way to backup an emuNand created with EmuNand9 with this tool? The tool apparently does not see the emuNand on SD card. The volume name of the sd card is EMUNAND9SD. I remember when I created an emuNand with GW that it had a different name. Maybe renaming the card could make the tool see the emuNand. What was the volume name used by GW?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to backup an emuNand created with EmuNand9 with this tool? The tool apparently does not see the emuNand on SD card. The volume name of the sd card is EMUNAND9SD. I remember when I created an emuNand with GW that it had a different name. Maybe renaming the card could make the tool see the emuNand. What was the volume name used by GW?
Seems to work just fine on my N3DSXL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.