Emunand system transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by anon3536, Mar 8, 2016.

1. anon3536
    OP

anon3536 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    United States
    So iv looked to see if this works and from what I can find only gateway seems to do it, but these sources are older so I'm wondering if it will work, I have rxtools running 10.6 on my o3ds, want to transfer that to my n3ds running rei 10.6, will this work?

2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    you can do a system transfer between emunands.

I would suggest saving your Home Menu layout before you do this, because you might have to about the transfer in the middle (error 028-3220) and you would need to visit the eShop to fix downloaded games, which would reset your icon layout.

VinsCool likes this.
  3. anon3536
    OP

anon3536 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    United States
    Is that error common? Does it result in incomplete transfers? I have emunand backups for both but would hate fore something to cause an issue that can't be fixed that easy

4. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    yes, 028-3220 is common when transferring from an emunand I think. by the time you get it, the source system has already been formatted. NNID and other things are already on the target system, your New3DS.

visit the eShop to fix downloaded games, and try to re-install other CIAs you got (their saves should still remain, and they should be listed in System Settings).