EmuNAND switching problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ten Pound Cow, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Ten Pound Cow
    OP

Ten Pound Cow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    My N3DS couldn't go into Gateway mode and would go to a black screen every time. I'm assuming my EmuNAND got updated to the latest firmware, so I tried to fix it by finding a back-up of my EmuNAND. Unfortunately, I thought I backed up 9.5.0, but I only have 9.0.0 backed up, so I decided to inject 9.0.0 anyway because I figured it was worth a try.

Now I can get back into Gateway mode successfully, but my problem is that it looks like injecting my 9.0.0 EmuNAND linked my SysNAND and EmuNAND together and I can't access my 9.5.0 EmuNAND anymore. Is there any other way for me to get back into my old unlinked EmuNAND short of actually finding my back-up 9.5.0 EmuNAND? Would updating my EmuNAND to 9.5.0 somehow get me back to my old EmuNAND? Can I unlink my EmuNAND and SysNAND to go back to my old menu or would it just create another folder in the SD card? Any help is much appreciated.

2. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    You can go into your 9.0 Emunand & Update to 9.5 with Firmware files & BigBlueMenu.
    You can unlink your nands by removing the SD card from the N3DS > Formatting Sysnand (This will wipe your NNID & Friend code on Sysnand) > Setup the N3DS again > turn off and insert mSD for unlinked Nands *You can format the Emunand if you don't mind losing the NNID / Friend code on that instead*

If you want all your games back, you'll need to 'reinstall' them. They're still on your mSD, but you'll need to try to install (it'll fail, but write to the db folder), then they'll show up on your home menu again.

3. Ten Pound Cow
    OP

Ten Pound Cow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into finding the firmware file and using your method to recover my EmuNAND. I'll most likely format my EmuNAND to unlink the NANDs from each other. I'll post later on after I try it.