Emunand Newb Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gumdoc, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Gumdoc
    OP

Gumdoc Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    Studio City, California
    Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere, I couldn't find the correct answer:

With my old 3DS, I was on Sysnand 4.5 and Emunand was I think around 9.2. I followed the instructions for installing GW 3.2 on my New 3DS on Sysnand 9.0, everything seems to be fine. However, when I go into the System Settings after launching Gateway, the version number is the same, 9.0, it doesn't have the GW in front of it like I did with the old system. I assume this means Emunand is not installed.

Do I need to Format Emumand from the GW menu like I did with my old system? Is there any reason not to just leave things as is?

Thanks for any help.

2. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    If you're asking about formatting emunand then that means you didn't do it from the beginning. Follow the guide.

3. Gumdoc
    OP

Gumdoc Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    Studio City, California
    Are you talking about the guide on http://www.gateway-3ds.com/? I went through it a few times, where was the part about setting up Emunand first? I just followed it step by step...