EmuNAND long question :L

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Munshine, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Munshine
    OP

Munshine Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2014
    Hi guys!

I just wanted to ask about something regarding emuNAND.

If I understand it correctly, the 3DS starts up normally on the normal NAND.

If you only install the exploit and launch gateway mode it loads into some kind of hacked NAND that allows roms to be played (but no access to eshop).

That's what I use at the moment

If I "format emuNAND" then when I launch the console it still starts on the regular 4.5 NAND. When I then go to launch the exploit it loads the emuNAND?

Doesn't that make 3 NANDs? (The regular 4.5, the gateway with hack, and the emunand that can be updated to 7.x for eshop?)

If so, does the emuNAND allow me to run roms and cartridges and eShop?

Another simpler question, what the difference between "Boot Gateway Mode" and "Boot Classic Mode"?

2. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/

There is the place this thread should have gone :)

You will have a custom launcher.dat that makes you enter Gateway mode in firmware 4.5.

Emunand is a copy of your firmware, which is loaded from the SD card instead of your internal NAND.

Also a simple search with "classic mode gateway" would have resulted with the following post by gamesquest1:

IronClouds likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.