Hacking Question Emunand failed not enough space

chdcchris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I have a question. My switch is OFW 5.1, and sx-os 2.5 beta.

I'm trying to make a hidden emunand partition on my 64gb samsung micro sd card.
However, when trying to create it, an error message appears, failed: not enough space.

64gb should be enough right? There is 52gb left on the card, what am I doing wrong?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

However, when trying to create it, an error message appears, failed: not enough space.

64gb should be enough right? There is 52gb left on the card, what am I doing wrong?
Where did you buy the SD card? Sounds like it could be a fake

Reactions: KlariNoX

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Backup everything on your SD card. Download h2testw and run it. It will erase everything on your SD card. It will come back to let you know if your SD card's size is fake, or if the card itself is corrupt. If it comes back clean, you know your SD card isn't the problem.

Reactions: KlariNoX

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Had this problem myself, found exfat formatting to be the culprit. Format to fat32, create hidden emunand, then you can format your remaining space to exfat if you would like.

Reactions: satel and PECONAUT

chdcchris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Had this problem myself, found exfat formatting to be the culprit. Format to fat32, create hidden emunand, then you can format your remaining space to exfat if you would like.

Great, thank you. Will be trying that when I get home. I got this SD card with my s7 edge from Samsung.

mikah7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Change.org
XP
Country
United States

Hey just in case anyone is still having this problem, I just fixed my error 'not enough space' (with 128GB sd) by making sure its completely shut down before putting the SD in and attempting the emunand. Other errors should be fixed too.

drag0n77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im having a similar problem and none of the posted solutions work. I can create Emunand on exfat or fat32 with the files on sd option, but when I try with the hidden partition it doesnt work for both exfat and fat32

exfat will be insufficient space
fat32 will create the emunand, but once i turn off the switch it will give me the where boot.dat? error.

I tried redownloading the boot files, and nothing.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having a similar problem and none of the posted solutions work. I can create Emunand on exfat or fat32 with the files on sd option, but when I try with the hidden partition it doesnt work for both exfat and fat32

exfat will be insufficient space
fat32 will create the emunand, but once i turn off the switch it will give me the where boot.dat? error.

I tried redownloading the boot files, and nothing.
Sounds like a fake card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth