emuNAND and Battery Life

zb123 Dec 31, 2013.

1. zb123
    OP

zb123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2013
    Canada
    So I've heard from a few people that load times are slightly longer on emuNAND, and I was wondering, has anyone also experienced reduced battery life? I'm asking because in sleep mode I seem to get less time before my battery dies (keep in mind my 3dsxl is new).

2. hashcheck1

hashcheck1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2013
    I havent notice any difference and have done a system transfer as it has been so stable

3. ATypicalSe7en

ATypicalSe7en Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    It's true loading times are about 1-3 Seconds minimal when opening from sleep mode but since it's reading off of the SD card it's too be expected and not really a bother.
    The battery life however seems to be about the same for me before I've used gateway and after on a 3DS XL. Tested this out for myself using only Street plaza and The home relay all day; My results were after about 10-12 hours opening and closing and playing in street plaza I lost half of my battery life staying strong on the last bar.

4. zb123
    OP

zb123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2013
    Canada
    Hmm, that's odd, my 3ds died after a night of sleep mode with half battery.

5. fr.

fr. Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2009
    United States
    Mine too. I had ALBW running.

6. zb123
    OP

zb123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2013
    Canada
    I forget where I read this, but I think that some games in emuNAND don't allow sleep mode to work properly, that may be the problem.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted