Hacking Emummc not booting

Alan240516

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have a 9.1.0 exploitable switch, have put the switch to RCM mode, have created a Nand backup, and have created two partitions on a micro sd card one large and one 32gb both fat32 I have then loaded files from sdsetup onto the card and then proceeded to create a emummc partition through hekate? Get the green tick saying I’m on emunand then click launch cfw(emunand) it shows two boot logos then goes immediately back to hekate.
Anything I’m doing wrong here cause it should just boot emunand?

Thanks,

alan

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I currently have a 9.1.0 exploitable switch, have put the switch to RCM mode, have created a Nand backup, and have created two partitions on a micro sd card one large and one 32gb both fat32 I have then loaded files from sdsetup onto the card and then proceeded to create a emummc partition through hekate? Get the green tick saying I’m on emunand then click launch cfw(emunand) it shows two boot logos then goes immediately back to hekate.

Thanks,

alan
Do you have the latest versions of Hekate and Atmosphere?
Do you get any Atmosphere/sept boot logos?
For me the issue was that I didn't update reboot_payload.bin. So in my case everything was up to date except when I rebooted into Hekate with reboot to payload it loaded an older version of the hekate payload that didn't match the rest of the files and it wouldn't boot CFW at all, just went right back into Hekate (no Atmo/sept boot logos) but when booting into RCM and injecting the payload it worked fine.

Alan240516

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have the latest versions of Hekate and Atmosphere?
Do you get any Atmosphere/sept boot logos?
For me the issue was that I didn't update reboot_payload.bin. So in my case everything was up to date except when I rebooted into Hekate with reboot to payload it loaded an older version of the hekate payload that didn't match the rest of the files and it wouldn't boot CFW at all, just went right back into Hekate (no Atmo/sept boot logos) but when booting into RCM and injecting the payload it worked fine.

Hi,

yeah I have the latest version I get two images one of Atlas/Kosmos then of hekate I’ll loader then back to heckate

Alan

Alan240516

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

yeah using Hekate 5.0.2 with Nyx 0.8.2

alan

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi,

Am using Hekate 5.0.2 with Nyx 0.8.2

alan

johnma2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will give it a try, thanks to both of you for your efforts

You're not the only one with this issue at the moment. The 9.1.0 update has broken the way CFW boots in general. I can't boot into wither CFW sysNAND or CFW emuNANAD, and I am using the latest releases of both hekate and Atmosphere.

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
I've always made the emunand partition fat32 before setting up emunand done it a fair few times.

Also 9.1.0 is unhackable for now until Atmosphere gets updated so pointless trying for now.

Unless he meant 9.0.1 which is...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Diolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you're on 9.1.0, you shouldn't create a emummc with it, because cfw is broken for that version.

I think that you could download older firmware, downgrade, create emummc, and upgrade again with choidujour.

Metothic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi,

Thanks,

alan
Post is kinda old, have you figured it out yet? If not, are you sure your SD isn't fake? I had a similar problem, and it was because my SD was fake and the emuMMC I had created didn't exist.

johnma2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post is kinda old, have you figured it out yet? If not, are you sure your SD isn't fake? I had a similar problem, and it was because my SD was fake and the emuMMC I had created didn't exist.

It's not the SD card that's the problem because the new 9.1.0 update has broken all CFW.

johnma2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case. I went through a lot just because I didn't realize my SD was fake.

Oof, that must've been a pain. Just be more careful for next time and you're good to go. I usually just buy Samsung Evos from Amazon, they're the cheapest at the moment and I have yet to fill my 128 GB in my Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol