emuMMC error black screen on 4.1.0 patched switch

xPeleg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
i have a 4.1.0 patched switch and i use caffeine to boot into hekate. ive tried to create a emuMMC so i can update my CFW to 15.0.0, i have the most recent atmoshpere. when i enter the emuMMC for the first time after making it it runs fine but if i restart or something and i try to renter emuMMC i get a black screen after i see the switch logo. i tried to replace the atmoshpere files and at the start it worked and i booted back in, but after i updated to 15 and reboot i got the black screen again so i tried to replace the atmosphere again but this time i still get a black screen after i enter emuMMC. i dont have any idea what to do, help will be greatly appreciated.

xPeleg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
When you created the emunand does it boot into emunand on 4.1.0?
sorry for the stupid question but is emuNAND the same as emuMMC?
if so then before the update yes i was still on 4.1.0, but after i used daybreak and updated to firmware 15.0.0 replacing the files didnt work and i couldnt even go in the emuMMC. sysAND still works though and is still on 4.1.0.
i think what happens is that every time i get out of my emuNAND something like changes and it doesnt allow me to boot back into it.
thx for helping.

Last edited by xPeleg,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the stupid question but is emuNAND the same as emuMMC?
if so then before the update yes i was still on 4.1.0, but after i used daybreak and updated to firmware 15.0.0 replacing the files didnt work and i couldnt even go in the emuMMC. sysAND still works though and is still on 4.1.0.
i think what happens is that every time i get out of my emuNAND something like changes and it doesnt allow me to boot back into it.
thx for helping.

Must be your firmware files if 4.1.0 emummc work fine.

xPeleg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Must be your firmware files if 4.1.0 emummc work fine.
i donwloaded the 15.0.0 firmware from darthsternie. it should be ok though no?
but the thing is 4.1.0 emuMMC doesnt work fine i still need to replace the atmosphere for it to work *every* time i restart the console or enter hekate. in general if i leave the emuMMC and then try to return it just does the black screen again and i have no idea whats wrong. im using deepsea is that a problem? should i try something alse?

xPeleg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Deepsea?

Place only the hekate and atmosphere files from github.
do you mean after i make the emuMMC and try to replace the files?
Post automatically merged:

right now ive just tried again to boot into the emuMMC 4.1.0 and replaced the atmosphere files and even that didnt work just a black screen.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still just the same damned black screen. any other ideas maybe?

please share with the group the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file.

• move/rename /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk
  • move/rename /bootloader to /bootloader.bk
  • download and unzip at top level of your SDCard the latest releases from here:
  • Download fusee.bin from the Atmosphere site and place it in /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

Let’s see that hekate_ipl.ini file before we go further…

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress