Emulators on ipad2.........

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by kiel379, Oct 15, 2011.

1. kiel379
    OP

kiel379 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    england
    Hey I was just wondering what emulators you can get for ipad2, I know theirs a psx, n64 and some previous consoles on their but what about some newer ones? Dream cast, ds, psp? (I hope their is a dream cast emulator, I loved the spawn game on that) probably a bit of wishful thinking on my part expecialy with a Psp emulator but google wasn't much help with this so I thought I'd ask you guys.

2. gamerboy1995

gamerboy1995 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    Sorry but iPad doesn't have anything iPhones didn't have. It's nice to dream but those dreams are way in the clouds. Theres no chance of a DS emulator for iPhone till at least iPhone 7 but a PSP emulator? The phone won't have enough power for it till iPhone 8 or 9. Plus it takes time to develop the emulators Do you have any idea how difficult emulation is? If I remember correctly, the device needs to have 7 times the power and RAM of the device being implemented for a minimum requirement of emulation. That's emulators with no special features. No RTS, no cheats, no multiple, save files, just emulation.

3. Thesolcity

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel
    As a rule of thumb don't expect current or last gen devices running even on high-end current hardware. At least that's what I've been taught. :O

1 person likes this.
  4. kiel379
    OP

kiel379 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    england
    Hmmm yea I thought that might be the case but hey I spose it gives us something to look forward to, thanks :)