Hacking Emulator questions

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have loaded the emulator on my SD card but I have not tried it with any ROMS yet. I still have a PC emulator for the NES system and tons of ROMS for that. Will those ROMS work with the Wii NES emulator?

Also, I have been thinking about getting the Homebrew Launcher. I just have a question about it. Does the Launcher appear as a channel within the Wii Main Menu? And if so, once you click on the channel it would open up and appear just like the Main Menu, but all my applications would appear as channels within the Launcher?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I have loaded the emulator on my SD card but I have not tried it with any ROMS yet. I still have a PC emulator for the NES system and tons of ROMS for that. Will those ROMS work with the Wii NES emulator?
yes they would
smile.gif

QUOTEAlso, I have been thinking about getting the Homebrew Launcher. I just have a question about it. Does the Launcher appear as a channel within the Wii Main Menu? And if so, once you click on the channel it would open up and appear just like the Main Menu, but all my applications would appear as channels within the Launcher
yeah youre ruight in what your saying, the HBL comes with it's own BLANK .wad
isntall that with wad manager, but like i say its blank channel, wit a black banner...
you can make your own with wadder.net check it out.......

have fun....

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
yes they would
smile.gif

QUOTEAlso, I have been thinking about getting the Homebrew Launcher. I just have a question about it. Does the Launcher appear as a channel within the Wii Main Menu? And if so, once you click on the channel it would open up and appear just like the Main Menu, but all my applications would appear as channels within the Launcher
yeah youre ruight in what your saying, the HBL comes with it's own BLANK .wad
isntall that with wad manager, but like i say its blank channel, wit a black banner...
you can make your own with wadder.net check it out.......

have fun....

Obviously I am new to this whole think but quickly picking up on it. As far as putting the ROMS on my SD card, what is the best way to organize them. If within my /apps folder I had all my applications, and especially if I get the homebrew launcher, do the ROMS need to be placed in a file within the /apps folder? Of can I structure my folder as such…

/apps/FCEUltraGX/ROMS
/apps/Snes9xGX/ROMS

If I put the Roms Folder with the emulator folder within the apps folder, will I be able to load the ROMS ok?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Do you know if there have been banners made for this launcher by others, and if so where?
None around this forum of HBL, like i said go make your own with wadder.net check the releases, it WONT BRICK YOUR WII!
smile.gif

Once I have created a custom banner, how do I place it within the Homebrew Launcher

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
Once I have created a custom banner, how do I place it within the Homebrew Launcher

http://wadder.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3

that thread has a step by step guide on how to make and install your own banners. they will display on your main wii menu.

QUOTEObviously I am new to this whole think but quickly picking up on it. As far as putting the ROMS on my SD card, what is the best way to organize them. If within my /apps folder I had all my applications, and especially if I get the homebrew launcher, do the ROMS need to be placed in a file within the /apps folder? Of can I structure my folder as such…

/apps/FCEUltraGX/ROMS
/apps/Snes9xGX/ROMS

If I put the Roms Folder with the emulator folder within the apps folder, will I be able to load the ROMS ok?

SNES9x's default folder for roms/saves is
sdcarddir:\snes9x\roms
sdcarddir:\snes9x\saves

VBAGX, fceugx, and genplus also have their folders in a root folder on the sd card.

in the menu of the emulator on your wii you can navigate thru the folders of your sd card just like on a computer, but they will default to those locations so better to just store your roms in the default folders.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
franky86 said:
spritefreak said:

http://wadder.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3

that thread has a step by step guide on how to make and install your own banners. they will display on your main wii menu.

QUOTEObviously I am new to this whole think but quickly picking up on it. As far as putting the ROMS on my SD card, what is the best way to organize them. If within my /apps folder I had all my applications, and especially if I get the homebrew launcher, do the ROMS need to be placed in a file within the /apps folder? Of can I structure my folder as such…

/apps/FCEUltraGX/ROMS
/apps/Snes9xGX/ROMS

SNES9x's default folder for roms/saves is
sdcarddir:\snes9x\roms
sdcarddir:\snes9x\saves

VBAGX, fceugx, and genplus also have their folders in a root folder on the sd card.

in the menu of the emulator on your wii you can navigate thru the folders of your sd card just like on a computer, but they will default to those locations so better to just store your roms in the default folders.

So just to clarify, I do not put the folders for the emulator ROMS and saves within the /apps folder. However, the actual emulator folder needs to be placed with the /apps folder in order for the homebrew channel/launcher to run them.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
So just to clarify, I do not put the folders for the emulator ROMS and saves within the /apps folder. However, the actual emulator folder needs to be placed with the /apps folder in order for the homebrew channel/launcher to run them.
read the instructions, the app folder goes in apps, the other example VBA\Saves\Roms that goes in Root of SD, just read before jumping in
smile.gif
also hope you make a nice HBL banner, might be better than my old one
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."