Emulating the Wifi signal?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Dalrint, Jul 18, 2010.

Jul 18, 2010

Emulating the Wifi signal? by Dalrint at 5:23 PM (2,887 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Dalrint
    OP

Newcomer Dalrint Advanced Member

United States
    Is there an emulator out there that can emulate the DS's wifi signal? Specifically the tag mode.

I'm thinking for Dragon Quest IX, it has that tag mode where you set it to 'canvas for guests' and then it sends out a signal and hits any other passing DS's with some information. Now, presumably you would need a laptop capable of sending the signal but those are common now. Is there an emulator that can do it?

If there was, people could set up sav-swapping and trade their save files, it almost be like the 'real' tag mode...just...via proxy.

2. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    I don't think there is one at the moment, but it may be possible [​IMG] You never know

3. sputnix

Member sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    while the ds emu's do not have wifi... yet. One emu for the snes does (atleast an older version did, but it was removed) so it is possible to use a labtops or a desktop wireless, however the hacking would be very tough and the comparability is were all the problems come from, because of this most people don't bother with the wireless, and besides how many people will be close enough to your house to even use tag-mode. [​IMG]

4. UniqueGeek

Member UniqueGeek PMD Researcher

United States
    There is WifiMe that needs a specific network card with drivers specifically for it. I don't think that this will support any more than that.

5. Dalrint
    OP

United States
    Well, the tag mode thing is the point. Since there isn't anyone nearby, people could trade save files on here and do the tag that way. Tag their DS from their computer, if that makes sense? Like...run the emulator, turn on canvas-for-guests, and then tag it from your actual DS.

But I'm getting the feeling it isn't possible. [​IMG]

6. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Desmume is supposed to do it yet it's not released and unstable. [​IMG]

7. AsPika2219

Member AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Malaysia
  8. Dalrint
    OP

United States
    I was going to try and test desmume, just to see, but I can't get any of the DQIX save files I have (that are far enough to have a map) to actually convert into Desmume's format.

None of the programs/importing tricks actually work. Does anyone have a save in the right format for that emulator?

9. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    nevermind. i don't remember what file it is and since filetrip won't take them anway and i don't feel like compressing just to put it up for you since i need to go someplace soon, i guess youll need to try from the beggining