Emulating Majora's Mask

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by krzz, Feb 9, 2015.

1. krzz
    OP

krzz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2009
    France
    Hello, I would like some help to emulate The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask with decent graphics.

I mean, I would like to play it with "HD" graphics in 1080p.

So, what emulator should I use, and what parameters should I use in the emulator?

Thanks for your help!

2. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    I think this is what you want:
    http://www.emutalk.net/threads/51244-bluedart-s-Hi-Res-Majora-s-Mask

krzz likes this.
  3. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Playing it in HD depends on your computer, video plugin, graphics card, and monitor. Most emulators/plugins have resolution options.

I haven't messed with it in quite a while but I've had a great experience with Jabo's Project64. It can be obtained here: http://www.jabosoft.com/home
    Glide64 also put out a great plugin, named Napalm, that works with Project64. I think their site died, but there's a link for a build on filetrip.

Napalm is compatible with Rice texture packs. There's been various fan projects to retexture Majora's Mask. Here's an example.

Enjoy.

krzz likes this.
  4. krzz
    OP

krzz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2009
    France
    Hey guys, it's me again.

I don't understand how to use the "bluedard's Hi Res Majora's Mask" Pack. Could you give me some tips, please?

Also I would like to know if a such pack exist for Ocarina of Time too.

Thanks you again! :)

5. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Googling is also very helpful, especially for finding texture packs. Anyway, the folder with the texture pack content need to go in "~\Project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture\". You can select the texture pack from the plugin's options.