Emulate System Restore while maintaining preinstalled titles

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by megatallica, Mar 8, 2016.

1. megatallica
    OP

megatallica Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    Hey guys,
    So ive gotten a bundle console for my collection but im looking to restore it to its original state with the preinstalled game avaliable after setting up the system, I already know that it can be reinstalled from the nintendo store, im just interested in having the system "rollback" with any settings removed or changes removed, or to have the system trick itself into running the setup again.

I might look into this myself aswell in the meantime.

Last edited by megatallica, Mar 8, 2016
  2. Februarysn0w

Februarysn0w School Idol Festival

Oct 31, 2014
    Mino city Osaka
    restore your old nand backup.

3. megatallica
    OP

megatallica Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    "gotten a bundle console for my collection" implying that it is used

4. jakerman999

jakerman999 Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    Canada
    If you wanted to do it by hand, you could uninstall the titles and save data manually.

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can install the title with CFW but you can't make it be available just after setting up the system (implying a system format).

6. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Tinyformat cia skips bigbluemenu/fbi and sysupdate uninstall while perfoming a system format. This is very useful because you only have to "reinstall" the titles you had (since it doesn't touch the Sd the titles are there, but lacks the ticket in ticket.db) but it does it instantly (no waiting!).