emuiibo v0.2 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, May 10, 2019.

Front-page
    [​IMG]

@XorTroll's amiibo MitM and emulation sysmodule for the Switch just received a rather hefty update! With it, we've also got a quick announcement for an upcoming (and related) feature for Goldleaf, so read on if you want to know about both!

First and foremost, emuiibo v0.2 uses a new format to store data on the microSD card. You won't have to worry about incompatibilities, however, as the homebrew will convert any of the old BIN files automatically upon startup. The new format brings several improvements compared to the old one, as every emulated amiibo gets its own directory with separate contents and a JSON file containing metadata inside. This makes editing your dump's data much easier: for example, one can now edit the JSON with a text editor to change an amiibo's name, its first/last write date or swap its associated Mii painlessly! Talking about Miis, emuiibo will also dump their char-info data on startup, so swapping an emulated amiibo's with your own is as easy as copying a single file.

If you play a game which gives you a bonus for every different amiibo you own, then you may be interested in this next function: by adding a "randomizeUuid" field to the JSON file and setting it to true, you can tell emuiibo to randomize a dump's unique ID every time it's loaded. By doing so, you can trick said games into giving you that bonus forever, as they'll think you're reading a different figure each time!

Additionally, emuiibo is now able to emulate and store progress saved in amiibos too. This is used by some games such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and the new format is also able to enhance this feature, as a real amiibo will only be able to store just one save, while this will allow you to have many for each figure. Last, but not least, the HOME button will now blink whenever you input a button combination to trigger one of the sysmodule's features (for example, when pressing the right stick + up/down to enable/disable it).

@XorTroll has also announced that Goldleaf's next version will support amiibo dumping using the previously mentioned new format, so you'll be able to store and emulate your own figures with ease! As usual, you can read the full changelog below:

Emuiibo is compatible with both Atmosphère and ReiNX. However, some users have reported crashes at boot with the former: if this happens to you, create an "emuiibo" folder on the root of your microSD card if it doesn't exist and reboot your console.

:arrow: Source
    :arrow: Official GBAtemp thread

Discussion (23 replies)
  1. TheTechWiz25

TheTechWiz25 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    Always love hearing about fixing incompatibilities

2. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Nice! Great work for you guys! Hope this will come to 3ds also.

Darksabre72 and TheTechWiz25 like this.
  3. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    Okay. now this is epic, gonna test it out!

4. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    Will it work for 3ds?

5. TheTechWiz25

TheTechWiz25 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    No

6. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2018
    United States
    California
    Switch only, specifically any CFW which allows NSP sysmodules (Atmosphere and ReiNX).

7. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    there is a thing like that for the 3ds: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-dev-noamii-amiibo-emulation-within-3ds.479017/ but sadly no one is working on it anymore. he tried to get devs at the time to help him, but not a lot of people was interested to help.

Last edited by Darksabre72, May 11, 2019
    lordelan likes this.
  8. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    F***

9. Kawaii

Kawaii GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2015
    New Zealand
    Not near you
    wait, nintendo switch have a home button led?

--------------

Did the test out of curiosity. It lit up! wow. haha i couldnt remember that happened anytime before since launch.

Last edited by Kawaii, May 10, 2019
  10. ciaomao

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    I started it with the latest Atmosphere and got a whitescreen. 12s later holding the power button no CFW started anymore. Somehow it deleted the content of bootloader/payload. I cant explain it, but it happened two times already. The last time emuiibo wasnt involved. Likely it is something other...Did anybody had this issue, too?

Edit: Emuiibo works now. The other issue about the deleted files is not relevant for the thread

Last edited by ciaomao, May 12, 2019
  11. spelda

spelda Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    Singapore
    Damn that sounds really amazing, will make it super easy and comfortable to gain every unique item in BOTW if I understood it correctly!

12. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Here we go, Twilight Bow!

spelda likes this.
  13. yoshimashi

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    So what file do we edit to add in the randomizer?

14. Newwaverap

Newwaverap Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2005
    United States
    Does this work on SXOS?

15. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    No it's a sysmodule.

Last edited by lordelan, May 10, 2019
  16. RattletraPM
    OP

RattletraPM GBATemp's official 蒸気イーブイ

pip Reporter
    Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Shinjuku Station
    You aren't mistaken! The HOME button LED is effectively a hidden feature as it's never been used by any Switch official software so far. By the way, it can be found both in the right Joy-Con and the Pro Controller :P

No, SX OS doesn't support loading KIPs or external sysmodules. It will not work unless either TX adds said features or they themselves start to include it internally (like ldn-mitm, for example).

17. AceyBwoi

AceyBwoi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2014
    Bedroom
    For the life of me I cannot get it to activate .. before it was working great on 0.1 for say a day.. I used on botw with amiiswap and worked fine next day when I try to use it in botw just random items spawn like food n stuff then when I swap the amiibo it says cannot use again today.. so I just stopped using it.. i have just updated it and before it auto activated once replaced files and reboot but now whenever i try activating the amiibo option in a game it says cant function with flight mode active but before it was working fine with and without it but now it just doesn't want to work.. also tried the button combos and they never work for me can never activate the emuiibo with buttons :( help a dude out?

Just updated amiiswap to 0.2 it does what it does and when u try load a title category it just crashes the system out

Last edited by AceyBwoi, May 10, 2019
  18. JAG755

JAG755 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2016
    United States
    Here is how you add that code-
    example:
    {
    "randomizeUuid": true,
    "applicationAreaSize": 216,
    "firstWriteDate": [
    ],
    "lastWriteDate": [
    ],
    "name": "30th WW Zelda"
    }

lordelan likes this.
  19. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    you have to manually edit the settings.txt.