RELEASE emuiibo - MitM'ing NFP services for Amiibo emulation

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by XorTroll, Apr 17, 2019.

1. aur0n

aur0n Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2019
    Italy
    I'm having a weird problem with Mario Odyssey: I could load and switch all Amiibos (using AmiiSwap), but the wedding ones are recognized as standard. For example, when I load Wedding Bowser, the NPC tells me it's just "Bowser" and no costume unlocks. Same for Mario Wedding and Peach Wedding.

Also Mario Gold is not unlocking, it's being recognized as "Mario". I downloaded from different sources, same result, just with them. Anybody might know why?

2. AD2076

AD2076 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2019
    Italy
    My guess is those variation are in saved data area of amiibo like in wolf link with 20 hearts and emuiibo still have issues in recognizing those data

3. AileenLumina

AileenLumina Python main, software engineer and API designer

Sep 27, 2015
    Germany
    When trying to emulate the Ganondorf Smash Amiibo in SSBU, the game tells me it "Couldn't find a controller that supports NFC." I tried with a first party Switch Pro Controller and with a regular right Joy-Con. What am I doing wrong? My folder structure looks like this:

| sdmc:
    | - emuuibo
    | - - ganondorf
    | - - - amiibo.bin
    | - atmosphere
    | - - titles
    | - - - - exefs.nsp
    | - - - - flags
    | - - - - - boot2.flag

I can confirm emuiibo is running because the HOME button lights up when pressing the right control stick and right or up on the D-pad (however, it does not light up when pressing left or down on the D-pad instead).

Edit: Solved, apparently, emuiibo doesn't automatically create an amiibo.json and fails to emulate an amiibo if there isn't one, which means I had to create the structure according to the "old format" for emuiibo to automatically convert it to the new format.

Last edited by AileenLumina, Jun 3, 2019
    lordelan likes this.
  4. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    @XorTroll
    Two questions:
    1. You wrote you support saves for multiple games on the same Amiibo now. Do you do that automatically?
      So I can just go ahead and save to my Luigi.bin from game A and then save something else from game B without having to worry about that by myself?
    2. If I dump my real Link Amiibo which already has save data for Smash Bros. on it with TagMo (Android) to a bin, that save data won't be usable with emuiibo/AmiiSwap right now ... it's a "vanilla" Link instead, I guess?

5. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    It seems that emuiibo is broken on Atmosphere 0.9.1 and/or Switch firmware 8.1. Does anyone encounter frozen screen with Switch logo when booting?

OkazakiTheOtaku likes this.
  6. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    Yes, if you're using Atmos and 8.1.0 - emuiibo stops the switch from booting. You'll need to delete that from the titles folder for the switch to boot - and if you need emuiibo - downgrade back to 8.0.1 firmware.

7. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I can confirm this, in fact every system module to date is broken in 8.1.0.

Jonhy likes this.
  8. XorTroll
    OP

XorTroll Dev: Goldleaf, emuiibo, Brew.js...

Dec 28, 2017
    Spain
    Nowhere
  9. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Last edited by cucholix, Jun 21, 2019
  10. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    Thanks, it's working fine for me now - that's my updated to 8.1.0 on Atmosphere now, and can confirm it's working brilliantly again and Atmos is booting past the Nintendo screen. Thanks for fixing so quickly.

11. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Do you have the other kosmos sys modules installed?

Freebird, ldn_mitm, sys_ftp or sys_netcheat?

EDIT: Freebird, not FIREbird.

Last edited by Jonhy, Jun 23, 2019
  12. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I’m not using kosmos but atmosphere I only have game patches (layeredFS) :unsure:

13. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Thanks for the update. It works perfectly fine on atm 9.1 + emummc 8.1.

please keep the project up.

14. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Updated it through hb store, rebooted to paypload and it’s working now, probably made a mistake before somewhere :)

hippy dave and Jonhy like this.
  15. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Is there any way to get this working for Hyrule Warriors? I can get it to work on Mario Odyssey or BOTW or Splatoon (sort of), but when i try to read in an amiibo on Hyrule Warriors, it doesn't work.

Maybe it uses a different method to call amiibo functionality? If i use emuiibo in airplane mode with NFC disabled, reading amiibo in Mario Odyssey etc. still works. But Hyrule Warriors throws me a "NFC reading is disabled via system settings" error.

16. angelo93

angelo93 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2018
    United States
    Thanks so much for the awesome work! I'm able to run it for all my titles except for Diablo 3. It's a little finicky and works after like 5-10 tries doing various combinations of launching emuiibo and the title itself. Is it just me or do others have a problem getting it to work with D3, if so what have you done that works best? For me I click on the title so the profile selection comes up and then I start emuiibo and then select a profile and launch.

17. FuryBaguette

FuryBaguette Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    France
    Use the toggle combo or the corresponding option in amiiswap before starting the game, you don't have to toggle it anymore after that, just load your game and go to the "amiibo part" and it should emulate your amiibo, just change amiibos when you need

18. Kirbyyeray

Kirbyyeray Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2015
    will be splatoon 2 added soon?

19. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, I'm not sure why it doesn't work. Haven't gotten it to work properly there either.

20. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Same here. Works for MK8 and BotW just fine but not for Diablo III.

Assasin1990 likes this.