NULL

RELEASE emuiibo - MitM'ing NFP services for Amiibo emulation

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by XorTroll, Apr 17, 2019.

1. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    what you do is, press dpad left + right thumbstick in at the same time, then use the amiibo power, and it should drop the stuff, then you repeat the process, dpad left + right thumbstick in at the same time, use amiibo power, so on

2. SiiXFX

SiiXFX Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2014
    Germany
    I have the same problem. Sometimes it only works once and sometimes it does not work at all. A few days ago it worked strangely without problems. It has never worked for me in Odyssey, only in BOTW.

3. AntonyB

AntonyB Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    France
    Yeah that's what I'm doing. When I say I'm pressing the wrong combination, It's that I think maybe it's not correctly pushing dpad left + right thumb when I press. I'll keep trying. :D

4. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I wonder if it would be possible to set it so you had to hold the right thumb stick down and then press the dpad buttons, it is difficult to press them at the same time

5. SiiXFX

SiiXFX Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2014
    Germany
    Okay, it works for me now. I think that AmiiSwap was the problem. I moved the files directly into the emuiibo folder (without subfolders) and changed them with the combination (dpad left + right thumb) and not with AmiiSwap.

6. FuryBaguette

FuryBaguette Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    France
    AmiiSwap shouldn't break it, it just calls a emuiibo function to load the amiibo you select, but since it uses a subfolder system emuiibo combo to skip shouldn't really work well. When the new emuiibo releases with its new layout system, AmiiSwap won't temper with these files anymore so both options will work flawlessly.

Some games are weird and you have to quit the amiibo screen and enter it again to be able to use another one (mk11 for ex), idk if that happens only when you quit the game, select an amiibo with amiiswap and come back or if it's all the time, could you tell me ?

Last edited by FuryBaguette, Apr 25, 2019
  7. SiiXFX

SiiXFX Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2014
    Germany
    I just tried it with BOTW and Odyssey. It never worked in Odyssey. In BOTW it only worked for the first Amiibo I selected with AmiiSwap. (but only sometimes) Another chosen Amiibo (with AmiiSwap) did not work after that.
    If I move the files directly into the folder and do it only with the combinations, it works without problems. Of course, AmiiSwap would still be nice if it would work .. especially if you want to use it for different games.

8. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Have you tried picking and starting the combo before you even start the game?

9. Digi_Ohhh

Digi_Ohhh Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    Italy
    I tried some Amiibos for Odyssey and they work fine. Even swapping the emulated one while playing sort of works.
    I don't know what may be causing your issue though. Try with Johny's advice, that's what (I think) I did. But I guess it doesn't really matter when you start the emulation, else XorTroll would've given us more precise instructions.

Last edited by Digi_Ohhh, Apr 25, 2019
  10. AntonyB

AntonyB Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    France
    I'm the same as @SiiXFX in BOTW. It works for the first, but then I go to home and amiiswap and change the amiibo, go back to BOTW and it says my amiibo can't be used anymore that day.

Here is how I start:
    1. While at the home screen and no game running, combo R stick + up on dpad to activate emuiibo (also tried in reverse selecting amiibo and then activating emuiibo)
    2. Go to amiiswap and select my amiibo
    3. Launch BOTW and use my amiibo
    4. Go back to home screen > album > amiiswap to change amiibo
    5. Go back to BOTW and try to use amiibo

11. FuryBaguette

FuryBaguette Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    France
    Does it happen only in botw? Swapping with the emuiibo combo instead of amiiswap works?

12. PawsofHorror

PawsofHorror Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2019
    Greece
    Is there a similar emulator but for PC or Android?

I don't have a switch

13. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    What are you wanting to do with emulated amiibos on pc/android?

andyhappypants and FuryBaguette like this.
  14. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hoenn
    This is pretty rad! May be the reason I jump from SXOS to Atmos!

Unless TX implement it in their next update.

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States

Worse case either buy a powersave powertags for amiibo, real amiibo or NTAG215 lol.

designgears likes this.
  16. LeeserH

LeeserH Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2019
    United States
    anybody have a .zip with the latest commit they'd be willing to share? I compiled it but can't get it to work, so I must have done it wrong. Thanks!

17. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States

18. trueicecold

trueicecold Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2011
    United States
    Thanks @designgears, I compiled this yesterday as well, but running AmiiSwap says Emuiibo isn't running... Any idea?

19. trueicecold

trueicecold Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2011
    United States
    Thanks a lot, @XorTroll, but it seems it's not running for me :(
    Using Kosmos 12.1.2 on 7.0.1, in the Kosmos background services I can see it's not running, trying to enable it and restarting doesn't help either...

Any idea? :/

20. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    Possible it might only work on 8.0.x