emu not showing in system options?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by clearieak, Dec 15, 2016.

1. clearieak
    OP

clearieak Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2012
    United States
    Hello! I followed a guide which had me downgrade to 9.2 (which I did) then to 2.1 (which I also did) and then install tons of things, and restore to my backed up NAND using something called hourglass. (Which I did)

I ran something called luma, and selected the options it told me to, but it's still not showing emu instead of sys in the system options. I just want to update so that I can play pokemon sun/moon. =/

Tyvm for reading this and have a nice day! (also ps if this has been asked before i'm sorry. i searched for some things, but it was so cluttered with stuff that didn't relate to my question that it felt pointless digging through it all ><)

OH ALSO It's the retail version of pokemon moon. (cartridge)

Last edited by clearieak, Dec 15, 2016
  2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You're not supposed to have an emuNAND with a9lh. If you already have one and want to use the data then follow the "Move emuNAND" section. If you read the guide you'll see it says something like "update your system, yes this is safe stop asking about it"
    Remember that "Ver." means a stock system, "Sys" means Luma CFW sysNAND, and "Emu" means Luma CFW emuNAND.

3. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    There us no more emunand...just sysnand , keep following the guide.

Quantumcat likes this.
  4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Sometimes I think it's easier to help really really new people who haven't ever been corrupted by the idea of emuNAND

5. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Lml why does everybody suddenly turn their backs on emumand XD

6. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Because it makes everything harder and provides zero benefit.

7. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    If you still have an emunand follow this part of the guide to move it over to your sysnand https://3ds.guide/move-emunand be shure you have room on your pc so you can backup your sd card when the guide instructs you to do so.

8. WBW

WBW Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2016
    On the topic, if you're still on 2.1, Luma3DS doesn't patch the version string on that version.