emu compatible classic controllers from DealExtreme?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by gizmomelb, Sep 6, 2010.

1. gizmomelb
    OP

Member gizmomelb GBAtemp Regular

Australia
  2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
  3. jmckutchin

Member jmckutchin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you can buy a brand new classic controller pro for $20 from just about any big box store... why bother paying $10 for a knock off with sketchy compatibility and quality?

4. gizmomelb
    OP

Australia
    because it's only about 1/3 to 1/4 of what we'd be paying locally for the legit Nintendo branded product.

FIX94 - thanks for the link, I was originally going to post in that thread but I thought why should I introduce noise into the thread when it may be a common enough question that it deserves it's own thread. Take post #2 in that thread for instance.

ok, from further reading a 'generic' classic controller fix was introduced, however not all classic controller analogue joysticks would work with it.

So my question still remains.. which classic controllers from Deal Extreme should be avoided please? Alternatively which one(s) offer(s) the best compatility?

thank you.

5. matguitarist

Member matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    It seem every controller work except the analog stick ... wireless controller have the lowest compatibility.

i think a fix will be find for every controller, i think the best thing you can do is wait a little before buying one. Some deal extreme controller seem to work perfectly and some not. They all work perfectly with virtual console. So it's possible to correct the problem. It's software only.

6. jamespolk

Newcomer jamespolk Newbie

United States
    If you have a Playstation controller, this works amazingly well:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23206

For kicks I tested my PS2 Guitar Hero controller. It worked flawlessly in Rock Band 2 (even down to the tilt and whammy sensitivity).

7. gizmomelb
    OP

Australia
    thanks for the explanation matguitarist, I'm beginning to think it's worth the $30 local currency to get an official Nintendo classic controller just so I'm not disappointed with the incompatibility of a $10 one from online.

jamespolk - thanks for the comment, I saw that and thought that'd be really good for WiiSX but a very good point for use with Rock Band etc.