Homebrew emu compatible classic controllers from DealExtreme?

gizmomelb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
rolleyes.gif

http://gbatemp.net/t217245-latest-emulator...ssic-controller?

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can buy a brand new classic controller pro for $20 from just about any big box store... why bother paying $10 for a knock off with sketchy compatibility and quality?

gizmomelb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
mgridgaway said:
you can buy a brand new classic controller pro for $20 from just about any big box store...

in America, yes. But there's a lot of people (myself included) who do not live in America where everything is so cheap and plentiful.

QUOTE(mgridgaway @ Sep 7 2010, 10:14 AM) why bother paying $10 for a knock off with sketchy compatibility and quality?

because it's only about 1/3 to 1/4 of what we'd be paying locally for the legit Nintendo branded product.

FIX94 - thanks for the link, I was originally going to post in that thread but I thought why should I introduce noise into the thread when it may be a common enough question that it deserves it's own thread. Take post #2 in that thread for instance.

ok, from further reading a 'generic' classic controller fix was introduced, however not all classic controller analogue joysticks would work with it.

So my question still remains.. which classic controllers from Deal Extreme should be avoided please? Alternatively which one(s) offer(s) the best compatility?

thank you.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seem every controller work except the analog stick ... wireless controller have the lowest compatibility.

i think a fix will be find for every controller, i think the best thing you can do is wait a little before buying one. Some deal extreme controller seem to work perfectly and some not. They all work perfectly with virtual console. So it's possible to correct the problem. It's software only.

gizmomelb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thanks for the explanation matguitarist, I'm beginning to think it's worth the $30 local currency to get an official Nintendo classic controller just so I'm not disappointed with the incompatibility of a $10 one from online.

jamespolk - thanks for the comment, I saw that and thought that'd be really good for WiiSX but a very good point for use with Rock Band etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1