Hacking emmuNand questions

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, so i have searched but struggled to find clear up to date instructions.

I have just bought a hackable switch on the latest firmware, want to install emmuNand to try and still play my cart games online with less chance of a ban and atmosphere cfw.
The guide on here is a bit dated but dont want to rely on youtube vids which are also dated,
I think I get it but a few questions...
My son will use so want to limit any chance of accidents.

Once set up do I use a payload injector to boot into cfw, otherwise if I just turn it on it will boot to ofw?

Do they run independent so you can have wifi on in ofw and airplane mode in cfw or do I need to turn it off each time?

A lot of guides show setting up the sd card with a hidden partition, most guides use a 64gb. I have a 256gb I assume the partition is to store games, which side of the partition should I do bigger for storing games/emulators etc. How small can I do the part thats not getting used as much?

Thanks

tend57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Once set up do I use a payload injector to boot into cfw, otherwise if I just turn it on it will boot to ofw?

-if your switch is turned off and you turn it on normally it will boot into OFW( to be safe you can even remove the sd card for this)
-if you turn it on using RCM Mode you can inject payloads to boot into CFW or Emunand(CFW)

Do they run independent so you can have wifi on in ofw and airplane mode in cfw or do I need to turn it off each time?

-Yes they run independently, but your Emunand will copy all settings from your sysnand when it is first created, so if you have wifi set up in sysnand your emunand will boot up with wifi too.(You can turn it off in emunand but first boot will have wifi on in this case)

I assume the partition is to store games, which side of the partition should I do bigger for storing games/emulators etc

-The Partition is actually only for System files and doesnt need to get bigger. Games will be stored in Nintendo/Emutendo file that is not in the hidden partition and will be created automatically

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For setting up a Emunand you can go either with Hekate+Atmosphere or with Sx Os

Last edited by tend57,
Reactions: lpoolm

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, just a quick question to your reply.
What's the difference between
Booting into cfw or emunand (cfw)

-if you turn it on using RCM Mode you can inject payloads to boot into CFW or Emunand(CFW)

Does emunand keep your switch cleaner or am i misunderstanding it?
Thanks

tend57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
What's the difference between Booting into cfw or emunand (cfw)

-Booting Normal Cfw boots the cfw from your Sysnand(your Switch's Internal Memory)
-Booting Emunand Cfw boots the Cfw from your emulated memory from your sd card
-I personally use Emunand all the time because if something gets corrupted and the OS gets bricked, i can just format my sd card and set it up again. But if your Sysnand gets bricked it will be much harder to restore it. You backup your sysnand with Hekate or Sx Os.

if you turn it on using RCM Mode you can inject payloads to boot into CFW or Emunand(CFW)

-Yes, it depends on the CFW you are using, but you can use Hekate+Atmosphere or SXOS to boot into emunand.
-It would be best if you read some guides on that : https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Does emunand keep your switch cleaner or am i misunderstanding it?

-Yes it basically keeps you Sysnand clean because all of the "dirty" stuff is happening in your emulated memory in your sd card.
-You should still block Nintendo servers because if you try to connect to Nintendo from your Emunand they can still ban your console because your emunand knows your switches ID-Number
-But there is no person in the world other than Nintendo-employees that knows how this telemtry stuff is working behind the scenes, so if you use CFW you must acknowledge that you still can be banned, no matter what precautions you take.

Reactions: lpoolm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily